[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer illiterate here. How is the Tor browser helpful, when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 56d89cba_16879_black_silkie.jpg (32KB, 517x480px) Image search: [Google]
56d89cba_16879_black_silkie.jpg
32KB, 517x480px
Computer illiterate here.

How is the Tor browser helpful, when you inevitably send a website request (say to a "bad" site) through your ISP, where the contact request is then obviously logged?
If you actually end up there is of no importance, is it not?
>>
The point is that the request doesn't go to the website, it goes to Tor.

Your ISP sees you are connecting to Tor.

Tor routes your request to australia, and finally back to the website you wanted. The website sees a request from Tor, and if you're using the Tor browser bundle, they can't even identify you by screen size or whatever.
>>
>>356665
what if you're the aussie that someone's request for CP gets routed to?
>>
>>356666
That could happen if you're a relay or an exit node, which isn't the case if you're just running the Tor browser.

A relay won't be in much trouble because those only connect things inside the Tor network.

An exit node could be in trouble because those are the ones connecting to the CIA CP honeypot, but if you have a lawyer you'll be fine.

>>356663
It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at, but I like your cock.
>>
>>356665
>Your ISP sees you are connecting to Tor.

So, the original address is basically wrapped in a torfoil and Tor unwraps it and then establishes the connection?
I'm asking because I have the image in my head that the address needs to pass through the ISP regardless of anything, as that's the only connection your PC has, as in the Tor network comes after the ISP.
But if it's wrapped in a Tor network request and gets unpacked there, I'd get it.
That about right?

Much appreciated, you two.
>>
File: g.png (36KB, 1234x469px) Image search: [Google]
g.png
36KB, 1234x469px
>>356679
This is how I understood it
>>
>>356684
Missing the part where the NSA goes
>Oh, that guy's using TOR.
>>
>>356691
>must be a russian hacker
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.