[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime recomendation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Tohka_Full_Form.png (2MB, 1474x1137px) Image search: [Google]
Tohka_Full_Form.png
2MB, 1474x1137px
Ok, so basically I jsut finished watching Date a Live + movie + OVA's but I don't know what to watch next
which one of these or if you have some suggestion of your own?

To watch list:
-Tsubasa reservoir chronicle
-Highschool DXD
-Strike the blood
-Guilty Crown
-Zetsuen no tempest
-Zero no Tsukaima
-Shakugan no shana
-Sword art Online
-Nyaruko - san
-Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
-Seikon no Qwaser
-Musaigen no Phantom World
-Hyakka Ryouran Samurai
-Grisaia no Kajitsu
-To love ru
-Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
-Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!
-Maken - ki
>>
>>355569
konosuba. dropped a few of the others.
>>
>>355569
Don't watch sao anon.Trust me you'll regret it.
>>
File: 1484149515877.jpg (229KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1484149515877.jpg
229KB, 1127x1600px
>>355569
The most active on /a/ is Kono Suba (pic) since the second season ended recently. If you like comedy and a parody of the "whispered to a fantasy world" trope, go for it.

>Zero no Tsukaima
>Shakugan no shana
>Sword Art Online
>To love ru
>Nyaruko-san
Popular series with several seasons. Shana and SAO are more serious than the others, To-love ru is ecchi. SAO is hated on /a/ because of the self-insert protagonist and because the novel was written by a schoolboy, but is probably nowadays the most known from that list.

>Musaigen no Phantom World
One of the weakest KyoAni series. Watch it for the visuals.

>Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Formerly popular on /a/, it's still a good comedy. Watch at least the opening, composed by Hyadain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyAsIFsh9mg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_wrmqveqm0
>>
>>355600
>konosuba
I love it, feels kinda like TWGOK except better
>>
>>355569
I'll just do a rundown of the ones I've seen from your to-watch list for starters.
> -Highschool DXD
A guilty pleasure of mine, it's shlocky fan service action but I can't help but love it. Issei is a lovable protagonist, and it has a wacky semi-serious tone to it that just makes it a blast to watch. Definitely NSFW though. Lots of uncensored tiddies.
> -Strike the blood
Repetitive and trite battle harem anime. Had some memorable memes on /a/, but honestly did not consider it worth the watch. Extremely low priority, consider dropping it off your list.
> -Zero no Tsukaima
A favorite of mine. It's one of original isekai stories that also popularized the magic academy setting that is so popular for battle harem series these days. Only it's done very well with a lot more likable characters.
> -Sword art Online
The anime is very well made on a technical level, but the writing is eye-rolling drivel that takes itself way too seriously. The main character is a blatant gary stu and there are so many plot holes and stupid contrivances that you could probably write a novella about everything wrong with this series. Despite that it remains one of the most popular LN series currently in circulation.
> -Nyaruko - san
Fantastic comedy series, tons of anime/otaku references in it though. If you're expecting it to treat the Cthulu mythos with any amount of respect you better not watch it.
> -Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
One of the best isekai out there, and one of the most memorable recent shows. A spoof of the whole pseudo-JRPG isekai setting, follows the misadventures of its protagonist and his misfit party.
> -Musaigen no Phantom World
One of KyoAni's weakest shows to date. Pretty forgettable.
> -Grisaia no Kajitsu
Game is better, but the anime's BD specials are pretty lewd.
> -Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!
Fun little comedy series, only thing I really remember is that the typesetting for it was so heavy it almost crashed my media player.
>>
>>355569
>Musaigen no Phantom World
Literally fucking garbage, avoid.
>>
File: 1487642423138.png (2MB, 1024x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1487642423138.png
2MB, 1024x1440px
>>355569
LOVELIVE
>>
>>355569
Push Grisaia up that list and watch it all the way
>>
>>355569
>Highschool DxD
Fapbait with a little more plot than other ecchi anime.
>Guilty Crown
The writing is crap but the music and visuals are pretty good. I'd skip it unless you can find a buddy to play a drinking game with.
>Zero no Tsukaima
It's ok for the first season but it starts to get repetitive. Again, not exactly great writing either. Relatively low quality fanservice by modern standards.
>Shakugan no Shana
Same author as Zero no Tsukaima. Another tsundere heroine. A bit more serious. Season 2 is a drag.
>SAO
Average anime plot with an average number of plot holes and writing issues, but contains just the right combination of elements to strongly appeal to normalfags. Gamers may also feel a bias towards this show. A lot of the hostility towards this show is due to people who've watched 10 anime total claiming it's the best show in existence back when it aired.
>Nyaruko-san
Popular. Slice of life. Don't expect any romantic resolution.
>Konosuba
Hit or miss comedy with some vidya references. Generated some memes.
>Seikon no Qwaser
Fanservice. Breast focus.
>Musaigen
Don't bother.
>Grisaia
The VN is better.
>To Love Ru
Fanservice. The (sequel) manga recently ended but I don't think it's been completely adapted.
>Baka to Test
Somewhat unique premise but the plot feels pretty meaningless overall.
>Maken ki
Watch for fanservice or skip.

Nothing on your list that I've seen stands out as great in my opinion, but the only one I'd say to ignore is Musaigen no Phantom World. If you want recommendations, it'd help to know what you're looking for in a show.

As for the ones I didn't list:
>Tsubasa
Haven't heard bad things about it.
>Strike the Blood
Somewhat popular light novel series.
>Zetsuen
Somewhat positive reception if I remember right. Not sure.
>Hyakka
Alternate history ecchi. As with all ecchi, don't go in expecting competent writing.
>Rokujouma
Dropped after three episodes but does seem to have some fans.
>>
>>356135
I should add that Baka to Test is primarily comedy, but I didn't find it all that funny.
>>
Milky Holmes
>>
>>355569
Aside from Guilty Crown I have seen none of these.
>>
>>355569
Don't watch Tsubasa RC, read it instead.
Konosuba is pretty good.
Kyaruko-san season 1 is fine.

The rest is haremshit. Grow some taste, OP.
>>
>>355569
maken-ki
konosuba
stb
then random order
>>
>>356561
shounen purist
>>
>>355569
What about Sekirei?
>>
>>355569
just watch ixon saga dt
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.