[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wifi Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 24932i2E44C1522822D8CC?v=1.0.jpg (21KB, 568x304px) Image search: [Google]
24932i2E44C1522822D8CC?v=1.0.jpg
21KB, 568x304px
I just got a new phone (no service plan) and im having a problem with the wifi on it. It will connect to some public wifi locations but there's this one spot I really need to use it at and it just wont seem to connect to it even though I fed it the proper key.

It gives me this exclamation point icon similar to pic related.

Now here's the catch, almost all the fixes ive seen online involve getting into the wifi router settings but this is a Public Wifi that I have absolutely no internal access to.

So I need to get this device (android/lollipop) to communicate properly with the router. How do I do that? I mean the wifi works properly on my laptop which is how im posting this.
>>
Try browsing to 192.168.1.1 on your phones browser to
1. See if the wifi requires a login of sorts.
2. If the router is so unsecure it let's you connect wirelessly

If 2, you have a variety of options to go from there.
>>
>>354368
The answer to this is a big fat No. The page would not even load (stuck progress bar, eventually a 404). From the sound of it this is a standard address for router access but it wouldnt even pull up on the phone.

The phone's wifi does work, because I downloaded initial apps and stuff at a place down the street.

Its just that I spend the majority of my time at this other one that it isnt accessing (but my laptop can)
>>
>>354370
Then I guess what you can do is mask your phones MAC to your laptops and hope that gives you access.
>>
>>354383
MAC?

I hardly believe that the phone would've been banned at this location. The guy who gave it to me isnt even from this area, so he wouldn't have even connected to this place.

Im not sure how to change the phone's MAC anyway. Its android OS so y'know its notorious for lack of customization.
>>
>>354386
>android OS
>notorious for lack of customization
Do you even root, bro?
>>
>>354397

no
> (sniff)

really cant afford to risk bricking it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.