[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been out of the loop with anime for almost an actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

So I've been out of the loop with anime for almost an actual decade now, literally stopped around the end of 2007. Whats the best shit I've missed?
Or just drop nostalgia thats fine too.
>>
File: a_of_the_year.jpg (899KB, 2091x1545px) Image search: [Google]
a_of_the_year.jpg
899KB, 2091x1545px
>>353677
ping pong the animation
>>
Enjoy your time in /a/
>>
>>353677
As a shameless cgdct fan, I just finished watching gj-bu. The main character may be a bit passive, and the runt is a little obnoxious, but as a whole, the characters are an exquisite mix of cute, funny, and comfy with a hint of lewd. It is high quality pandering with almost no ongoing plot, and I mean that in the best way possible.

A somewhat more serious cgdct is Demichan wa Kataritai. It follows a muscular biology teacher as he helps his students cope with and understand their supernatural mutations. The series touches on the daily difficulties of being a vampire, dullahan, yuki onna, or succubus. Good characterization, and fun times.

Non Non Biyori
Become nostalgic for rural Japan, and follow a group of girls of varying ages, and various appeals. Pretty slow pacing, but it is near maximum comf when you get used to it.

Flying Witch
Less comf than the one above, but similarly rural Japan comf with a supernatural filter.

Bakemonogatari
Godtier fanservice if you can get past the artsy weirdness of some of its narration and things. Follow a high school half vampire guy as he helps girls with their supernatural problems. He gets eviscerated a lot, and brushes his sister's teeth at the beginning of the second season.

More general stuff:

Kill la kill
Take the essence of gurren lagann and inject it into a sailor uniform, which helps a girl find her father's killer, leading to a climatic space battle for the fate of the world. Get hype, become desensitized to fanservice, get more hype, and discover the true meaning of clothes.

Sword Art Online
If you are a edgy casual who thinks death note is the pinnacle of anime, watch this. Otherwise, maybe watch the abridged series that arguably handles it better.

Little Witch Academia
Good animation, but the plot takes a long time to get going, and it can be frustratingly repetitive from time to time. Has a cute witch teacher, and the token evil friend is fun and weirdly sexy.

Attack on Titan
Bad,
>>
>>353723
Attack on Titan is about as mainstream and dramaridden as DeathNote.
>>
File: 310613.jpg (40KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
310613.jpg
40KB, 225x350px
my current favorites are Re:Zero, My hero Academia, and Konosuba. I highly recommend all three.
>>
>>353677
the most popular stuff in the last decade has been
>Kill la Kill
>Attack on titan
>Sword art online
>Re:zero
>One punch man
>>
>>353723
I think you're confusing attack on titan with SAO
>>
>>353751
I'll admit that SAO requires less edgelord from its fans, but the demographic of people who enjoy it also tend to be Attack on Titan fans.
>>
File: 1366633750656.jpg (261KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1366633750656.jpg
261KB, 683x1024px
>>353677
Steins;Gate is bretty good
>>
By far the most popular and sensational anime since 2007 (people still talk about these shows constantly):
Code Geass R2 (2008)
>sequel to the cliffhanger ending of R1. R3 was announced earlier this year on the 10 year anniversary of Code Geass. Get hype.
Pico x Coco x Chico (2008)
>third installment of the legendary Boku no Pico series
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (2009)
>total remake of the entire series to more closely follow the manga
Bakemonogatari (2009)
>Adaptation of the beloved and widely acclaimed light novels, one of most stylish and best written anime to come out in the the last 10 years.
K-On! (2009)
>now considered the face of Cute Girls Doing Cute Things anime, KyoAni's second most popular franchise after Haruhi
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (2010)
>the last anime directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi (TTGL) while he worked at Gainax, a raunchy loveletter to western animation done in Imaishi's unique style.
Fate/Zero (2011)
>prequel to Fate/Stay Night adapted by Ufotable, is now by far the best selling title in the franchise and how most people enter into the Fate series
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
>new adaptation of Araki's manga, it captures the weirdness of the series extremely well. It's only gained steam since it aired and is enjoyed a great deal of popularity in the west right now. Currently they've adapted parts 1 - 4 (a little over 100 episodes altogether).
Attack on Titan (2013)
>a relatively new manga series that gained sensational hype in part due to its kick ass opening theme in the first season, it's still an extremely big deal both in Japan and the west
Kill la Kill (2013)
>TV anime debut of Trigger, a new studio founded by Imaishi after he left Gainax. KLK has been described variously as "Gurren Lagann with more tits" but imo it's more like Utena mixed with Blazing Transfer Student. In either case KLK was huge, only overshadowed by Attack on Titan in the year it aired.

Will continue onto more recent shows after I get back from work
>>
>>353801
>but the demographic of people who enjoy it also tend to be Attack on Titan fans.
that's the most retarded thing I've heard, AoT has a lot of people who watched it
but if you were ever part of the fandom you're know they aren't the Sao tier garbage
>>
>>353677
At least from what I've watched, because admittedly I still have a load of backlog from that timeframe alone.

Spice and Wolf
Eve no Jikan

K-ON
Kuchuu Buranko
Bakemonogatari
FMA Brotherhood

Youjouhan Shinwa Taikei
Katanagatari

Hyouge Mono
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Mawaru Penguindrum
Steins; Gate
Fate/Zero
La Croisee dans un Labyrinthe Etranger

Girls und Panzer
Shinsekai Yori
Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Hyouka
Psycho Pass

Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo ga Warui
Non Non Biyori

Shirobako
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Parasyte
Shingeki no Bahamut
Mushishi S2
Knights of Sidonia

Shimoneta
One Punch Man
Kekkai Sensen

Tanaka kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Mob Psycho 100
Oshiete Galko-chan
Space Patrol Luluco
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Drifters
Yuri on Ice

Made in Abyss
Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon
Demi chan wa Kataritai
>>
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is the only great masterpiece since 2007. It pisses all over everything else.

I also liked Mitsudomoe, and it's on YouTube so you can check it out pretty easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0x_gzCBZg
>>
>>353677
You missed K-On, brother. Get on it ASAP.
>>
>>353848
Okay. Just noticed I forgot Madoka from 2011. Other than that, continuing from where I left off.

Jojo Part 3: Stardust Crusaders (2014)
>while mentioned previously in Jojo (2012), it's worth noting that this is when Part 3 started airing, and it was largely due to Part 3 that Jojo's popularity in the west exploded.

One Punch Man (2015)
>adaptation of the manga series which is an adaptation of the webcomic series by ONE. Phenomenal everything: animation, artwork, soundtrack, writing. It's just fantastic.

Mob Psycho 100 (2016)
>from the same author (ONE) as One Punch Man, another fantastic series. This one wasn't nearly as popular as OPM, but in some ways it is more ambitious and stylish.

And this year isn't done yet, but

Little Witch Academia (2017)
>from studio Trigger, a TV version of their beloved LWA ova and movie. The series itself isn't really anything special imo, it's cute and fun, but it probably won't blow you away, but it remains pretty popular despite this just because of all the hype around Trigger in general.

And I might be jumping the gun on this one, but:

Made in Abyss (2017-- currently airing)
>gorgeous artwork, soundtrack, and animation. While it's currently only starting to ramp up, it gets intense, very intense. Predicting this to be anime of the season, if not year. Depends on how crazy fall is.
>>
>>353749
>last decade
Your shows only go back to 2013, not even halfway back to 2007. A LOT of good shit aired in those years, shit that is still talked about constantly.
>>
>>353677
You need to see Space Dandy
>>
>>354105
2017:

Hero Academia - a homage to western superhero shows, with a rookie director and unexpectedly excellent pacing, visual direction, and musical direction.

Kemono Friends - the director of GDGD Fairies is charged with making a show to advertise a crappy mobile game that ended up due to close for good before the anime would even air and, unfettered by interference from the production committee, tells a story that doesn't pander, spoonfeed or insult the viewer's intelligence. Despite having a staff of under a dozen guys, a shoestring budget, and shit 3dcg, it nevertheless ends up the most popular and best-selling show of the season. A two-minute epilogue funded out his own pocket outperforms every episode one of the next season, whilst the show itself gets re-aired in a primetime daytime slot. Otaku queue up round the block to visit zoos with carboard cutouts in and to visit shops that have no stock left but plastic buckets. The mainstream media reports on a penguin that's fallen in love with a standee. Regardless of whether you like it or not, it's already a cultural phenomenon in Japan.
>>
>>354167
Boku no Hero Academia is 2016.
>>
>>353941
Holy shit, I forgot Flying Witch for 2016.
>>
File: LoveLive.jpg (89KB, 670x381px) Image search: [Google]
LoveLive.jpg
89KB, 670x381px
>>353677
R A B U

A

I

B

U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>354384
I don't think anybody noticed.
>>
Milky Holmes
>>
[spoiler]Flip Flappers[/spoilers]
>>
>>353734
This.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.