[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teachers messing up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (950KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
950KB, 3264x2448px
Is it reasonable to demand that my teacher automatically give me a 100% on a two-hour, in-class assignment which she lost? She said that she would simply omit the assigment, but quite frankly that isn't fair to me. I've completed two hours' worth of material which would have most likely raised my mark. It's one thing to omit an assigment which is not completed, indeed very generous; it's another thing to omit an assigment that is completed, because my time has been wasted.
>>
go up the hierarchy, laddie, talk to the boss.
>>
>>353523
I will if she refuses. But before I even ask her, tell me, am I being reasonable?
>>
>>353531
Not really. If your performance continues to go up as you're saying it will, then the extra weight your later tests and assignments get from making up more of your grade than they otherwise would will more than compensate.
>>
>>353519
And in any case you're not being honourable. Your grade is supposed to reflect your ability; you're asking for your grade to be made to reflect something higher than your actual ability, as some kind of remuneration.

Two hours' work is less than $20. Would you expect to be able to pay $20 and get 100%, or would you consider that bribery?

Someone's cost you $20 and you now know something that can embarrass them or harm their career, and you're asking to be given a higher grade or you'll make sure everyone knows about it. How is that not blackmail?
>>
>>353519
You talk as if your precious 2 hours was stolen. You learned something from working on the assignment, didn't you? Is it knowledge that'll help you later on in the class?

I'm kinda confused about the specifics of this, but an automatic perfect score just seems problematic. Even with the assignment omitted, there's an incentive for a below-average or failing student to intentionally destroy or sabotage their own project, in a way that can appear blameless. Wherever she keeps the papers, I'm sure someone could sneak in while she was using the bathroom, remove a couple of papers, and then act outraged when she can't find the missing assignments.

I don't know what the solution is here, but it's got to be something that balances generosity with caution. I certainly wouldn't worry about this one assignment causing me to fail the course, or even drop a letter grade.
>>
>>353539
>Two hours' work is less than $20
What 3rd world nation do you live in?
>>
>>353519
be polite
say you are not satisfied with that result
if she says no, then go over her head
>>
>>353519
This:>>353538
You could possibly ask for an extra credit assignment to complete, if you are seriously this worried about your grades. It may be extra work, but that's more palatable for the teacher than some kid thinking they are entitled to a grade they can't achieve.
>>
>>353638
I meant when you do it, anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.