[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extracting sound from MM6:MoH (.snd)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: MightAndMagic6Box.jpg (41KB, 250x296px) Image search: [Google]
MightAndMagic6Box.jpg
41KB, 250x296px
Right. So, can someone help me with extracting sounds from a game called Might and Magic 6 (the original, not Heroes). I have a .snd file, but no program can run it, I guess I have to extract it first somehow. The .snd file is pretty similar to the .snd files in Heroes 2 or 3, or any game that was made by 3DO back then. (I'm not sure tho if this is the right place for my post/request, I guess this is asking for tech support, kinda) (also, if it's not the right place for it, where should I post it instead?)
>>
>>352668
get the Youtube Video and Audio Downloader addon for firefox and download the wated sound from a you tube lets play ?
>>
The GOG version of Might & Magic VI has the soundtrack as a bonus. And I'm told the second CD of Might & Magic VI has the music stored in the same manner as an audio CD.
>>
>>352668
Considering a game raw rip is on http://pc.joshw.info/m/ you won't need to do it yourself.
If it's the same file as you have (can't check right now) I'll find what you need to play it back in 12hrs.
>>
>>352748
First of all, it would take too much time to get all the sounds (it's not like 1 or 2 sounds, it's like most of the spells and stuff). Also, if you cast a spell (e.g. an iceblast), then you shoot a flying iceball which keeps playing the sound, but since it's moving, you can hear the sound fading away, and also, it has a different sound upon impact, which you can slightly hear.
>>352922
It's not necessary to have the GOG version since the music files are stored as mp3 files in the Music folder, so I already have them.
>>352982
I guess that's the music I already have which you've linked. (also thanks for helping me so far, hue)
>>
Oh shit, finally, looking through some pretty old forums, I could finally find a working program called MMArchive (it was kinda hard to find a working link as well from like 2006 or so). It looks like it got fixed now, so, thanks guys for your help.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.