[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I make my phone and computer unlocatable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (210B, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
210B, 160x90px
I have a windows computer and an iPhone 5 with no SIM card, no service, no camera, and no mics
>>
>>351899
Throw them in the ocean
>>
>>351925
i still want them lol
>>
>unlocatable
never use the internet ever
for the computer you can just unplug the ethernat cable and remove any wireless cards

for the phone it might not be so easy. you could keep it in one of those EM-blocking bags that stops signals from getting in and out but obviously that doesn't work while you're using it
>>
Don't connect your computer to the Internet.
>>
>>351966
faraday bags? is there a way I can listen to music while its in the bag?
>>
>>351987
wired headphones
>>
>>351990
would the hole in the bag make it able to be connected thru or nah
>>
>>351987
You can also listen to music on a $5 MP3 player
>>
>>351995
yeah but would it last a while tho
>>
>>351997

longer than a phone that's for sure.
>>
>>351899
faraday bags
>>
>>352027
yeah that and covering ur phone with aluminum foil. not joking
>>
>>351987
wrap it in copper foil.
>>
bump and also, the iPhone has no service so its never connected to the internet unless theres wifi.
Does that make it untrackable?
>>
>>352931
Technically yes, because it's not connected to any mobile network, practically i'm not 100% sure. Anyone knows if phones can be located remotely by IMEI (i think not, but i might be wrong)?
>>
>>352943
I'll do some research on it
>>
>>352943
>phones can be located remotely by IMEI
I think they can. I did some research but really half assed and I dont know shit about computer stuff
>>
so it might not be true
>>
>>351899
Unlocatable in what context?
>>
>>352949
oh well.. i'm too lazy to confirm or deny this research by researching myself, so to be unlocalizable you would need to remove the antenna - you need to disasemble your phone, and it should be somewhere (unfortunately, some new phones include the antenna as a part of the case, so you would need to damage the part that connects to the PCB) - the point is to loose all connectivity (0 bars at all times)
>>
>>352957
unlocatable so that if someone or the gov tries to see where i am, they wont or cant find it.
>>
>>352943

You can look at the IMEI of the phone when connected to the network but it has to be tied to the name somehow. If for example bought at the store how would anyone know that Mr. Anon Ymous has the phone with this IMEI when no SIM is inserted?
>>
>>353009
I presume he's more worried about it being tied to his location or identity *after* he uses it to harrass his ex.
>>
>>353039
nah not harrassing anyone, i want to go off-grid
>>
>>353043
> want to go off-grid
forget about tin foil, not having a SIM card is enough. If you're super worried, you can also enable airplane mode
>>
bump. does anyone know how I can make my laptop unlocatable?

>>353301
oh ok thx
>>
>>353043
Just get someone else's phone then, and every time you use it, no-one will know it's you.
>>
stop asking stupid fucking questions
computer not plugged into a router with no wifi card....untraceable obviously

phone no wifi turned off and/or in airplane mode....untraceable obviously, also using a phone just for music when there are things that have been invented just for that reason and very cheap with a battery life far better than a phone, come on are you playing with me, this is a joke right

is this just a plea for us to ask your story so you can pretend you are important for 8 seconds of our day
>>
>>353534
>thread
>>
File: file.webm (896KB, 802x528px) Image search: [Google]
file.webm
896KB, 802x528px
test
>>
4chanX test
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.