[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

brand new computer not working please help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170723_032126.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_032126.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
hey /wsr/, I need help with my brand new gaming pc. :)

long story short, there's no video output coming out of the pc itself. whenever I plug in the PC to a monitor (regardless of cable type) the monitor always goes to sleep mode and/or displays that it doesn't recieve a signal.

the specs are as follows:
AMD 6350 processor
8gb of hyperx fury black RAM
4gb gddr5 ASUS gtx 1050ti
ASrock 960GM motherboard
500 gb toshiba HDD
xigmatek 600w 80+ power supply

some extra details:
this computer went through an airport and in a plane. but I stuffed bubble wrap down the sides of it's box and wrapped the whole box with PC inside in bubble wrap (4 layers).

I was shocked by the back of the computer while transporting it to my car. I was carrying the computer at the time and I was outside so there was no input electricity and I was wearing shoes and the computer was in both of my hands so i was electrically ungrounded.

I can hear a metallic sound near the power supply chassis (the shelf where the power supply and HDD are kept) but im quite sure it's just a screw or something.

pic related is PC itself (motherboard and everything)

thanks in advance :)
>>
I also tried removing the ram and placing it back in but no effect

same with the GPU but attempt in vain
>>
>>351385
have you tried switching your monitor input
>>
>>351401

I tried this on several monitors both in and out of my house. And yes the monitors were on the right input
>>
>>351404
might be because your graphics card is not seated properly or that pcie is not on but it also could be ur motherboard
>>
so the stock graphics don't work either....
>>
>>351418
if ur stock graphics dont work its probably your motherboard
>>
>>351418
is your motherboard getting power check if its getting power that might be why
>>
>>351418
I'm not op

that was a statement implying op should have obviously checked the original graphics
>>
>>351432
sorry i dont see id's
>>
>>351385

Completely unrelated, but what case do you have OP?

Because I think I might have the same case as you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.