[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monogatari

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1488830678088.png (153KB, 611x704px) Image search: [Google]
1488830678088.png
153KB, 611x704px
I'm about to watch this series for the first time, who's subs should I get? Everyone routinely shits on commie, so I guess I'll avoid them, but what group would you recommend?
>>
>>351049
>Everyone routinely shits on commie
and I thought that was mainly memes
Elysium's subs are pretty, but I'm not sure whether they're good
>>
>>351049
>Everyone routinely shits on commie, so I guess I'll avoid them

They had best available release for monogatari on nyaa before it blew up, but suit yourself.
>>
>>351056
I've never had to use any of their releases before, so I don't know if people are just memeing or not. I've never seen anyone attempt to defend them before now though. If their videos are the best quality and leagues easier to get than the others, I suppose I can always just pull subs from somewhere else and remux them. Even if the subs aren't up to par, at least their videos aren't bloated to hell and back like CoalGirls releases always seem to be.

>>351051
I'll give them a try then.
>>
You should buy the official releases and stop killing the anime industry via pirating.
>>
>>351060
Commie often have two subtitle tracks: a comedy one, and a no-fun-allowed one.

For GuP, the comedy one had a gothic font and all the stock phrases translated into German. I thought it was hilarious. Other opinions differed, but that's what track two is for.

People that don't like Commie tend to have no Japanese knowledge whatsoever (maybe even being unable to break a stream of Japanese audio into individual syllables) and thus are entirely dependent on the subtitles. They need them to be right, and if they're not right they're fucked.

People that don't like Commie tend to not remember the VHS era of fansubbing; they've never experienced the hillarity that ensued when you got a bunch of people crowded into a room, stuck on a Japanese VHS or LD and made it some guy's job to *read out the script in time with the dialogue* because subtitling was literally impossible with the available technology.

If this kind of thing doesn't resonate with you, then groups like gg and Commie aren't *for* you. You probably won't like them. But that doesn't mean they're crap, it just means they're not for you.
>>
>>351085
Alright then, I'll give them a try too. Really though, I figure as long as the font isn't terrible and they don't just make up words or phrases, they can't be that bad.
>>
Commie is basically your only option.
Even "coalgirls" is just commie subs on a coal encoded bloat.
>>
>>351049
If you're starting the series, then you'll be watching Bakemonogatari. ANE has the best Bake subs.
Coalgirls for the later seasons.
>>
>>351049
Bake - ANE
Hana -HAP
Owari and Nise - Coalgirls
Last few eps of second season -rushjob
Kizu 2, 3- Tactical
Koyomi- sajamba
Commie for everything else, retards memed you OP, commie are great
>>
>>351049
Commie is the best for them
avoid non commie subs, they're trash
>>
>>351590
stfu herkz
>>
>>351652
isn't herkz against commie though?
>>
File: kys.png (4KB, 912x67px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
4KB, 912x67px
>>351762
Please lurk two years before posting, thanks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.