[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: ethernet.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ethernet.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
How do I get internet through my ethernet wall outlets? I have att uverse tv service which uses the ethernet for two boxes and I have spectrum for internet. The modem is connected through coaxial and it is connected to my router.

When I try to connect a console or a pc with ethernet it does not have internet through the ethernet. Is this because of u verse using the ports? Or do I have to connect the router with one of the ethernet ports?

Please help
>>
>>348304
If your house has ethernet outlets like in your picture, then somewhere in your house you'll have a central box where all the ethernet outlets come out. You need to get an "ethernet switch" and install it there, then connect every outlet you want internet on to the ethernet switch using a "patch cable", which is just a 6"-18" network cable. Then you need to connect one port on the switch to your router.

You can also use a spare router instead of a switch: just turn off DHCP, and only use the LAN ports.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 550x350px
>>348304
Also there's no reason you have to use patch cables instead of regular network cables, it just looks neater and you can get the door shut.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.