[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the cromatie high school dub good? Is the Slayers dub good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: codegeass1024et1.png (965KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
codegeass1024et1.png
965KB, 1024x640px
Is the cromatie high school dub good?
Is the Slayers dub good?
Is the cold gay ass dub good?
>>
The dub for Cromatie high school and Geass are ok.
I haven't see the dub of slayers, but I'd Imagine they'd fuck up the HOHOHO.
Although the sub for Geass is really solid and I'd rather watch that.
>>
>>34786
Whats the HOHOHO? Is it pertinent to the plot or a tiny character quirk?
>>
>>34745
Nope.

The only good dubs in history are Baccano, Black Lagoon and Ghost Stories.

Though you can get barely decent ones too, of which those three are not, like BeBop, FLCL and Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>34819
>Ghost Stories.
That's a literal meme dub though.
>>
>>34823
And that's what makes it so good.

It was the abridged series that came before abridged series came about. It's the Dr. Feelgood to abridged series' punk movement.
>>
>>34745
I watched all of Cromatie high school dub on youtube and it was hilarious, doesn't detract from the humor at all.
While dubs can often be bad, don't take anyone seriously if they think that there's only three dubs in history that are good. There's a balance between the immersion of being able to acoustically experience the dialogue in your own familiar language vs the authenticity of the creator's vision, and it's different for everyone.
>>
>>34745
>yes
>it might just be old dub nostalga but I liked it
>no
>>
>>34839
Most dubs ARE shit though. It's not a concrete thing, but I'd rather listen to elevens than listen to someone who sounds completely monotone.
>>
>>34839
>don't take anyone seriously if they think that there's only three dubs in history that are good
Yeah I already figured, especially when they mentioned ghost stories as one of them...
>>
>>34745
As others have said already, Cromartie's dub is great. Not watched the others.
>>
>>34814
there isnt any HOHOHO in main slayers, only in the ova/movies. Its a character trait of linas friend/rival naga. Shits hilarious.

as for the dub...its fine. I much prefer the jap voices, but the english ones for the main cast do a fine job. Just be prepared though; there is one ep that is HILARIOUS in the dub because it suddenly switches to japanese singing and its such an immersion break.

I didnt watch geas or cromatie in english, so i cant say on those.
>>
>>34847
It's more like 95% are shit
>>
Geass dub is good outside of Nina, but I watched it dubbed first so I prefer that now, subbed is very good too, probably better
>>
Geass dub is surprisingly good, the only weak point is Nunnally's voice. And she sucks anyway so who cares.
>>
>>35144
Nunnally, that was it, not Nina

Got them mixed up, nunally's voice is shit, Nina is just shit.
>>
Cromartie High School has a good dub. Since it's a kooky show like most anime (I'm not from /a/ so I am generalizing here) there is a bit of silly dialogue and tirades transferred over from the original Japanese version.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.