[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why move the pawns? i sort of get that the right one leta you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170715_174446.jpg (278KB, 1080x1856px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170715_174446.jpg
278KB, 1080x1856px
why move the pawns? i sort of get that the right one leta you move the bishop, but the left right one?
>>
>>347189
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Chess_Opening_Theory/1._e4/1...e5
>White can smash the centre open with 2.d4 [White left pawn] in order to develop pieces with great speed, sacrificing a pawn or two if necessary

>Another plan is to try and lever open the f-file for an attack on Black's weak f7 [pawn in front of kingside bishop] point with 2.f4 [White right pawn], the King's Gambit. This was popular in Victorian times and earlier, but Black has now found a few reliable ways of grabbing the proffered pawn and keeping it
>>
>>347189
Chess openings where you sacrifice a pawn are called gambits.
White gives up material to get faster piece development or better piece placement.

The moves you mention are called King's Pawn Gambit and Center Game.
Look it up on google to see what are the further variations of them.
>>
>>347209
of course, that makes sense. it just didnt feel strong to me since black always defends it.

>>347213
will do, try to get good really quickly
>>
File: better advice.jpg (10KB, 194x293px) Image search: [Google]
better advice.jpg
10KB, 194x293px
>>347246
Nah, fuck those openings. d4 d5 c4 all day everyday.
>>
>>347259
Statistically the best openings for white and black are as follows:
White
Queens Gamit Win/Tie % 58 1.d4 d5 2.c4
Blackmar Diemer Gambit Win/Tie % 67 1.d4 d5 2.e4
Rut Lopez (Spansih Game) Win/Tie % 56.5 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5

Black

Sicilian Defense Win/Tie % 48.5 1.e4 c5
Nimzo-Indian Defense Win/Tie % 48.5 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 37 3.Nc3 Bb4
Robatsch Defense (Modern Defense) Win/Tie % 47.5 1.e4 g6

All of this information was found in Bruce Pandolfini's book Treasure Chess.

I believe the Queen's Gambit win/tie % was 68% making it the #1 wonning opening

quoted from a chess forum. thats crazy, is it the way to win a lot almost all low elo games then?
>>
>>347272
Low elo doesn't know what to do against gambits in general.
>>
>>347331
dont you just accept it? (for queens anyway.) i get its probably annoying to be asked chess questions when it all comes from self study (currently reading bobby fisher teaches chess)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.