[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best anime this season/last season?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: soft.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
soft.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
What are the best anime this season/last season?
>>
>>346937

This season is too early to really give recommendations, but I'll list everything I like so far.

Current:
Aho Girl
Centaur no Nayami
Isekai Shokudou
Kakegurui
Made in Abyss
Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017)
Princess Principal

New Game S2

Last:
ID-0
Tsuki ga Kirei
Clockwork Planet (Don't actually watch this, but watch it. It's garbage, but it's good garbage. Probably.)

Uchouten Kazoku S2
Boku no Hero Academia S2 (Mostly just for the animation, but the second season is definitely better than the first)
Sakura Quest (I assume you're already watching it, though)
Shingeki no Kyojin S2
>>
>>346937
This season is just starting, so definite shows that I can say as good from the get go are only:

Made in Abyss
Isekai Shokudou

For last season: Goddamnit you reminded me how many shows I got on my seasonal backburner. I only watch Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul, Tsuki ga Kirei, and Sakura Quest
>>
>>346937
As stated above, this season is hard to decides, but there were a few that I'm hopeful for.

This season:
Kakegurui (Having read the manga, I'm particularly hyped for this one)
Isekai Shokudou
Centaur no Nayami
Princess Principal
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
New Game!!
Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi
Made in Abyss

Last season:
Re:Creators (Though it's kinda sad that the best episode so far was the recap episode)
Sakura Quest
Little Witch Academia
Eromanga-sensei
Saekano S2
RokuAka
Boku no Hero Academia S2
Tsuki ga Kirei
>>
>>346937
Eromanga Sensei is probably the most depressing anime of all time
>>
File: 1496198901817.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496198901817.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
don't overlook Frame Arms Girls last season
>>
Watching older defined classics is way better than watching modern mediocre to decent anime. Most of the shit that's coming out right now is just the same stuff that has been coming out every season.

There are some exceptions, but those are really rare.
>>
I don't know when exactly when it was but seiren came out earlier this year and it was kino
think of it as an alternate season 3 to amagami if that means anything
>>
>>347933
But I didn't like Amagami
>>
>>347248
How so?
>>
>>347452
>FAG
fag
>>
>>346943
Seconding Made in Abyss. New "New Game" is probably solid but I haven't gotten to it yet because I am a busy young weeb.

Re: Creators, which started last season and will finish this cour, is quite good. I also enjoyed Kado: The Right Answer, but if you're not into dense sci-fi like The Day The Earth Stood Still you may not enjoy it as much. Hero Academia is spectacular, and I'd recommend it unconditionally.
>>
For me so far it's
Current:
Aho Girl
Princess Principal (awesome so far)
Action Heroine Cheer Fruits
waiting for:
Owatarimonogatari
keeping an eye on:
Elsword (korean, not japanese anime)

Last Season:
Little Witch Academia
Boku no Hero Academia S2
Danmachi Sword Oratoria
And that's pretty much what I liked from last season. Everything else was just ti catch up on older series, I just didn't like enough to mention.
>>
>>348291
Obligatory plug of Gundam Build Fighters, which has the same director, scriptwriter, sound director and composer as Hero Academia.

Build Fighters only ever needed to be a cheap and cheerful eight-hour commercial for plastic robots, so it wasn't at the top of anyone's priorities, and they gave directing it it to a guy whose only prior experience was episode directing and No.6. Even the world's best scifi boy-love book adaptation is going to have a limited audience, and in the three years since No.6, Nagasaki had not been asked to direct anything else.

Nagasaki went back to episode directing, and on an episode of Robotics; Notes he worked with Hayashi Yuuki, a composer working his first credited role outside of Young Animator Training Project. Robotics;Notes didn't leave much of a lasting influence, aside from the music. Hayashi walked straight from music work on Robotics;Notes to music lead on Blood Lad.

One of the best bits about Hero Academia is the synergy Nagasaki achieves between the visual direction and the music, treating it not as something that needs to be tacked on at the end, but as an integral part of the show, approaching every scene with an eye for what the mood is supposed to be and how the music is going to convey it. Hayashi and Nagasaki compliment each other perfectly, Hayashi stepping up time and time again with the exact piece for the scene.

In Gundam Build Fighters, you can see the origin of a lot of the things that make Hero Academia great: the music, the fuck-yeah fight direction, and the zero-tolerance approach to filler.

On the back of Build Fighters, a second-time director, a composer with three years in the industry, and a music director and scriptwriter with a long history of safe, unremarkable work were handed Hero Academia. Hero motherfucking Academia.

"What did you do for your third show ever?"
"Oh, nothing much, just Hero Academia".

And that's why you should go watch a show about buying plastic robots.
>>
>>346937
Tsuki ga Kirei and Uchouten Kazoku 2 were actually the only shows that are worth while watching last season
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.