[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C# and DB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 575.png (141KB, 624x429px) Image search: [Google]
575.png
141KB, 624x429px
Hi /swr/, I want to get good at C# Visual Studio and Data Bases connections.
I've been looking for vids on youtube but there seems to be many ways to do connections to databases.
Do you guys know what's the best way or at least the ones used for real shit like jobs and so?
If you can link guides or vids even better.
>>
MySQL is good to learn how to work with databases. Its pretty simple and I think there is a ton of guides on youtube since its pretty old now.

For C#, try making a basic calculator, and then proceed to more advanced stuff like entering data to the DB directly from the app. Depends on what you want to do.
>>
>>346064
I had a problem installing MySQL, the server couldn't start so I had to install SQL Management Studio.

And yeah, I want to learn how to access data, edit, add, delete, etc with a C# Application. I've watched some vids for the last 3 days but it looks like there are different ways to achieve this, so I'm wondering if you guys know what's the best way or which one I should start with to move to an advanced method latter.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 661x365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 661x365px
>>346064
That would be good advice for other languages, but not C#. I assume OP already knows SQL, but if he doesn't for some reason, SQLite will give him a full database and SQL console just by typing "SQLITE3 <filename to save to>".

>>346002
C#'s killer app at the moment is something called LINQ: a language feature that lets you construct functional chains (map/reduce, etc.) over data structures, then lets you treat an entire database as a data structure and write back-end-agnostic queries that the compiler can optimise and parallelise for you. While the IDE knows what you're doing and offers you autocompletes from your database.

If you're learning C#, you should be learning LINQ, otherwise you're learning C#-without-LINQ, which is useful only as a historical curiosity.
>>
>>346118
>If you're learning C#, you should be learning LINQ, otherwise you're learning C#-without-LINQ, which is useful only as a historical curiosity.

Holy shit for real? I'll check it then. Thanks.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.