[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Upgrading Components

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 53425435342.png (21KB, 490x447px) Image search: [Google]
53425435342.png
21KB, 490x447px
Need your opinion on an upgrade /wsr/.

I have $1200 to spend and I'd like to optimize my gaming experience as much as possible.

I know I need to get a second monitor, but what exactly should I upgrade internally for that second monitor to function properly?

Is the 1070 enough for both monitors, or should I upgrade to a 1080? Or should I get a second 1070? I'm a layman with computers so I'm not sure where exactly my money should go.

Any help appreciated
>Pic is current setup
>>
No need for the upgrade at all, quite honestly. Your build looks futureproofed already

Another monitor is a definite A-OK, can't imagine why it wouldn't be. No need to spend so much. Maybe get a new cooler for your rig unless you already got an aftermarket
>>
>>345845
So I could just plug in a second monitor with the single 1070 and both monitors would get 144fps with no delay?
>>
>>345846
Both at 144fps? I'm pretty sure that current monitor won't do the job already. If you're seriously thinking about playing something like, idk, Tekken 7 on two screens for some crazy reason you'll need two 1080s for the absolute maximum performance (which I'm telling you now is not worth all that cash). Might need to do monitor researching

What games do you have in mind?
>>
>>345831
>>345845
OP seems to be taking about actually *gaming* across both monitors, which means twice the resolution.

So if he had one 4k monitor, and he gets another, that would be like using a single 5.6k monitor.
>>
>>345854
>>345855

My plan is to play Overwatch/League/D3 on one monitor, and have Netflix open on the other. My current monitor is a 144hz 1080p.
>>
>>345854
>I'm pretty sure that current monitor won't do the job already
A simple Google would tell you a "VG248" is a 144Hz Gsync monitor, anon.
>>
>>345857
So long as you have a 10x0 (you do) or a Kaby Lake, Netflix uses a hardware video decoder separate from the gaming hardware, so you can run Netflix and a game at the same time with Netflix taking essentially no GPU resources from the game bar the small amount of video RAM the Netflix monitor needs for its picture.

Definitely get another Gsync monitor so you can run your game at 144 on one side, and movies at their native 24 on the other.
>>
>>345861
Awesome, thanks Anon. Any monitors you'd recommend off the top of your head? I'll do research too, just curious if you had an idea.
>>
>>345857
Oh that's it? Yeah that's going to be working just fine, just be wise about monitors
>>
File: file.png (18KB, 485x378px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
18KB, 485x378px
OP our setups are pretty much exactly the same, you're set for a good couple of years.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.