[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /wsr/, I have an MSI GT62VR 6RE laptop that I think has some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 20170622_062111.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_062111.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Hi /wsr/, I have an MSI GT62VR 6RE laptop that I think has some residual electricity inside of it (keyboard keeps bugging out and other issues). The problem is, I can't remove the battery and press the power button, because the battery is inside of the casing and opening it would void the warranty on the laptop. How can I release the build up of static inside of it if I can't remove the battery?

Also, does anyone have a clue as to what could be causing it? I think residual static electricity has caused it to fry the graphics card before (I just received it back from an RMA for artifacting/freezing yesterday, in which they replaced the graphics card), but I have no idea why. It seems stupid to have to send it in for an RMA again just so the static can be released from inside of it. Pic related, this is what the computer looked like the day I sent it for the RMA. It froze and artifacted right after booting.
>>
>>345519
you've got a warranty, make the most of it. just send it back, better to be safe than to be sorry
>>
>I think residual static electricity has caused it to fry the graphics card
nah, its borked wither cause of heat dissipation issues or just plain bad component quality. if the previous service staff used that as an excuse they are liars, and probably didnt even fixed your computer (they probably heated the chip up to make it work a few more days/weeks/months [till warranty voids] and now the same issue is manifesting again)
DEMAND a proper fix (graphics card/motherboard replacing) if you are still withing the warranty period
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.