[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried to format my Samsung notebook and install W7 using a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Bios.png (6KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bios.png
6KB, 640x480px
I tried to format my Samsung notebook and install W7 using a USB, but after changing the order of boot for my computer and saving changes, now the screens just alternates between being turned on as if it was to boot normally, and then turning off, even though I restored the boot order to its default setting

I don't know what to do
Pic unrelated
>>
>>344786
Btw before doing this the computer was functioning properly, the problem was that I couldn't remember the last password I used
>>
>>344790
put hdd first and whats the order in the hdd section
>>
>>344795
The hdd is first, then is the CD and rest of devices.
The problem's still there.
>>
>>344786
>pic unrelated
You're probably set to UEFI boot, which Windows 7 can't do unless it's Windows 7 x64 booting off a physical DVD.
>>
>>344805
expand the hdd tab and upload a pic also a pic of the security tab
>>
>>344820
>>344819
this is what i'm looking for in the security tab but the bios looks older than uefi to me
>>
>>344822
pic unrelated i'm an idiot, it needs to be changed to legacy in bios, i'm going back to bed
>>
>>344832
You can do UEFI boot, which gets you GPT (>2TB disks), UEFI console, etc., but you need to turn off Secure Boot and install off a DVD.
>>
>>344835
why do you keep sayingyou have to install off a dvd you just sound silly
>>
>>344863
Because every time you try to UEFI boot the Windows 7 installer off a USB it DOESN'T FUCKING WORK.

OP just did the exact thing you seem to think works, and look what happened. If it did work, OP would have seen a Windows installer instead of a bootloop.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.