[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you recommend some good anime movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: naruto-vs-haku-9-tails-rage.jpg (10KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-vs-haku-9-tails-rage.jpg
10KB, 272x185px
Old, new, classics, whatever.
>>
Like what are the must-watch classics?
>>
>>344753
End of Evangelion (requires watching the series End of Evangelion)
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (same for above but with Cowboy Bebop)
Patlabor: The Movie (requires having seen Patlabor Early Days OVA)
Any Ghibli movie, I recommend Porco Rosso
The Animatrix
Ghost in the Shell
REDLINE
>>
Evangelion although you need to watch the series first
>>
>>344765
Ah fuck, meant Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first line.
>>
>>344752
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

no, i'm not kidding, it's fucking great. you'll have fun watching it
>>
>>344768
It's good but not a movie
>>
>>344752
The recap movies of Chu2byo, Hibike!, and SAO are probably the best anime movies ever. You don't even have to watch the series, since the movies recap it.
>>
>>344770
Anon he said good anime
>>
Sword of a stranger,its a generic revenge plot with 0 depth,but 100% fluid animation and choregraph

jin-roh,100% a classic that everyone seen but don't talk about
>>
any miyazaki is at least not bad.
I also enjoyed:
Kimi no na wa
Expelled from Paradise

thought they were ok:
Summer Wars
Wolf Children
>>
>>344801
OP here

I was actually hoping to get a name for that one in peticular. Seen bits from it over at /gif/ but didn't catch the name. Now I know, thanks a lot.
>>
>>344811
Watch the Digimon movie instead of Summer Wars.

Some of my favorites are:
Perfect Blue
The Adolescence of Utena
Tokyo Godfathers
Sword of the Stranger
Akira
>>
When Marnie was There
Kiki's Delivery Service
>>
>>344752
Kara no Kyoukai
>>
>>344892
>>I was actually hoping to get a name for that one in peticular. Seen bits from it over at /gif/ but didn't catch the name
Most of the movie is actually political intrigue and a romance story, only a short bit at the start and end are violent really.
>>
>>344753
There's a couple directors you're gonna want to get to know: Hayao Miyazaki and Satoshi Kon. Between these two guys you'll get a lot of the favorites and most highly praised anime movies. You've probably heard of Miyazaki unless you live under a rock since he's fairly well known even in the west. His most famous titles are probably My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, etc. Satoshi Kon though is a name you probably won't hear unless you frequent anime communities, but within the scene he is revered. His most famous titles include: Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, etc.

Other than those you have the sci-fi classics:
Akira
Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Jin-Roh

Then on top of those I'd add some of my personal favorites:
Metropolis (2001)
Memories
Dead Leaves
Patema Inverted
>>
>>344752
Miss Hokusai
Millenium Actress
Metropolis
Barefooted Gen (although its a lottle bit shitty)
The Night is Short so Walk on Girl
Lu over the Wall
In this corner of the World
>>
Tekkon Kinkreet
Gouche the Cellist
Jarinko Chie
>>
File: Bakara vs Julith 01.webm (3MB, 1280x686px) Image search: [Google]
Bakara vs Julith 01.webm
3MB, 1280x686px
>>344752
Dofus
>>
File: Bakara vs Julith 02.webm (3MB, 780x420px) Image search: [Google]
Bakara vs Julith 02.webm
3MB, 780x420px
>>345108
>>
>>344752
May or may not be your taste, but 5 centimeters per second is a good movie and made by the same guy as Your Name/Kimi no na wa

As mentioned above, Summer Wars is great
The Evangelion Rebuild is... okay. I like them but the 3rd movie is of questionable quality and the 4th will never be released.
End of Evangelion is great but watching the series first is a must.
Akira/Ghost in the Shell are classics and if you haven't watched them, you can't go wrong.
Little Witch Academia movies are good.
If you're deadset against playing long jRPGs, the Persona 3 movies are fun, but like the Persona 4 anime, it's better to play the games.
Your Name and Koe no Katachi go without saying.
Studio Ghibli movies are mostly good, Spirited Away, Mononoke Hime, Nausicaa are the first three that come to mind. Less known, I think, but one I really like is Coquelicot zaka kara.

Shit. I just realised how few anime movies I've watched.
>>
Vampire Hunter D
Ninja Scroll
MD Geist

Some good ol' violence
>>
Time of Eve was damn good
Redline is a MUST if you haven't seen it yet
>>
>>344752
REDLINE
BLAME!
Ghost in the shell 1995
GANTZ: O
>>
>>344752

wings of honneamise

surprised nobody recommended it.
>>
>>345460
oh yeah and robot carnival too.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.