[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gamereleasedate malware/virus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bandicam 2017-07-10 16-38-48-107.jpg (234KB, 1466x935px) Image search: [Google]
bandicam 2017-07-10 16-38-48-107.jpg
234KB, 1466x935px
So this malware/virus is absolutely killing my machine, everything's slow and a lot of programs stop responding. It seems to get worse every time I start up the computer fresh. Every time it starts up it automatically pulls up Chrome on the page gamereleasedate.info/zpage.html anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it? Every anti-malware/virus program I've tried has failed to find and delete the problem.
>>
>>344607
Reinstall Windows. Also reflash your BIOS and your router's firmware. Then stop being retarded and don't get it again.
>>
You sure it's a virus?.

Have you looked at your startup/ services configuration?.

Use CCleaner to edit your startup services and also look at w hat addons are on your browser.
>>
Reinstall the OS. I think the W10 reset my PC option works.
>>
>>344610
I'm pretty sure. My computer's been acting funny for the last week since I got it and when I google it, I only get info about it being malware, but most of the those articles are just ads for a anti-malware program that didn't work. I've looking through all my settings and cant find anything that might be related. Addons are clean. Thanks for the Ccleaner suggestion. Looks like I need to do more maintenance work in general.
>>
>>344611
Thanks, looks like I might have to. I've got one or two more tricks to try before, but not much hope of them working really
>>
you reinstall freaks do my head in
run roguekiller
run adwcleaner
run junkware removal tool
run rkill
run ccleaner and
(empty temps
clean reg files
see whats running on startup etc)

tell me how it goes
>>
>>344607
WITNESSED
>>
>>344626
also it might be a good idea to use geek uninstaller uninstall chrome completely and reinstall
>>
>>344623
But how do you define "working". You don't want to have the problem appear to be fixed, yet still have some hidden malware stealing your kepresses or whatever. that's why I would just backup anything important and start from scratch.
>>
>>344607
Yeah you should do all this >>344626 and then feel like an idiot because even if it looks like it works, there's no guarantee of your system being clean anyway. Then reinstall the OS like you should've done from the beginning, because there's no other way; even if you could disable it from msconfig or clean it with an antivirus, you still have to reinstall the OS.
>>
>>344715
>there's no guarantee of your system being clean anyway
the same as after the first time you go on the net after said reinstall
>>
>>344721
>he doesn't know shit about computers
>thinks the Internet is some magical boogeyman
>probably even uses Windows
wew kid
>>
>>344726
you reinstall fuckers think that it is actual advice
there is something about knowing your own system, how it works how it ticks
running praying to the reinstall gods every time your comp raises its voice is just idiotic and shows a lack of knowledge

yes there is a time to cut your loses and reinstall but on /wsr/ it seems the go to solution for every little problem, well that and the mac/linux idiots thinking they are exempt
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.