[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Data Recovery from Broken Screen Android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Bean, Mr Bean.png (1MB, 1268x544px) Image search: [Google]
Bean, Mr Bean.png
1MB, 1268x544px
I have broken my android screen to total pitch black, device seems to be working but has a swiping code on it.
I somehow need to get my shit outta here. Could anyone explain how to recover files from there? (Computer recognizes connected phone but it's folder is blank)
>>
>>344486
What phone/android ver.
Do you have custom recovery/root?
>>
Xperia Z3 Compact.
I doubt i know what that is.
>>
>>344497
You can try...

Turn off your Z3: Press and hold power key for a few moments.

Power on your device and when the LED notification lights turn on press several times Volume Up or Volume down buttons.

At the end, your Z3 will be rebooted into recovery mode.

Then plug into PC while in this mode to access files.

Might work. Probably wont.
>>
>>344486
I have the same problem. The thing is you need to unluck your phone to make the files accessable. But bc of the fact that the screen is dead you cant.
I havent tried this yet but what i heard was that you can try and get a micro-usb to hdmi cable and then connect it to a tv. Then get a computer mouse or something and unlock your phone with your tv, connect a ext. hard drive or usb to your tv (given that u own a tv that has usb inports) and transfer your files that way.

Still have to try this for myself but it sounds like a solid plan to me.
>>
get Android studio command line tools and a twrp image
reboot into recovery like >>344512 said
in command prompt (administrator), cd to where the twrp image is and type: fastboot boot <twrp-filename.img>
then wait a bit (probably 2 or 3 minutes max) and type: adb devices
if you get a long number and "recovery" then you're gucci, cd to where you want to save your files and type: adb pull /sdcard/
haven't tried adb pull like that myself but it should just pull the entire user-accessable contents of your internal storage

If you can't boot into the twrp recovery you probably need to unlock the bootloader, reboot into recovery and type: fastboot oem unlock
this technically removes your warranty but if your screen is broken then they won't be able to see the "warranty void" message anyways, lmao. just remember to relock it when you're done (if you got your phone through a carrier & had protection plan) by rebooting into recovery and typing: fastboot oem lock
doesn't un-void the warranty but at least if the tech monkeys at Sprint or whatever you got the phone from try to do some tests they probably won't be able to tell you unlocked it
>>
Thanks guys, will try it out!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.