[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I pirate a decent antivirus or get Avast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: HasQJ6yu_400x400.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
HasQJ6yu_400x400.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
Should I pirate a decent antivirus or get Avast?
>>
>>344205
Use CommonSense® 2018 plus a good adblocker
>>
>>344221
This and disable adblock for sites you want to support
>>
>>344221
This, if you want to keep your device clean also install MalwareBytes and run a check every 2~6 months just to be sure.
>>
>pirate

If you care enough to protect your shit, you should care enough to do it without using compromised software.
>>
Windows defender is fine. Also just not going on sketchy sites and having a good firewall should suffice as well.
>>
>>344302
>MalwareBytes
have you seen it lately? its a virus in itself now.
>>
I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my laptop and netbook, and AVG on my desktop. I'm not endorsing either, but they're free and in beer.
>>
>>344205
the best free antivirus is called Sophos home. theyre the only ones that I've found that provide web protection for free
>>
>>344205
No.
>>
>>344353
They simplified the UI but it still does what is advertised. How is it a virus?
>>
i download a legit copy of eset nod and look for login codes on facebook
>>
>>344205
Windows Defender, for Windows 8+
>>
>>344515
You have to out your way to not get the "trail version" now. If you install the trail version, he fucking thing is horrid. Quarantining files left and right, blocking torrent trackers via hostfile without any chance to say no. To unblock the trackers you have to manually enter the blocked trackers in an exception list.

It also does ransomware meme scans and tries to to scare you constantly into buying it. Its shite.

Though to be fair I was able to get the actual free version hunting it down on the website and making sure I click stay free when you first boot it up. The gui is still shit compared to malwarebytes 2 though.
>>
>>344312
lol
>>344353
it good to install run and then unstall i wouldnt keep it on especially after 3.0
>>344442
microsoft security essential, you are banned from giving advice ever again
>>344543
lol

avira as got the best detection rate for free antiviruses but it is very resource hungry, try it out and see how much it affects the system

avast is my preferred choice but not at the moment they are very advert and further addons hungry at the moment but this will be curbed soon
>>
>>344205

What's the point of pirating Kaspersky? It's really cheap and it works well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/kaspersky-3-user
>>
File: stoplikingthingsidontlike.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
stoplikingthingsidontlike.png
37KB, 658x662px
>>344637
>microsoft security essential, you are banned from giving advice ever again

Yeah, okay kid.

OP, if you're not engaging in risky behavior (e.g., torrenting, looking at pr0n, visiting the dark web, etc.) MSE is sufficient. It just can't save you from yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.