[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yay police brutality!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hello /wsr/! I was hoping you guys could help me with a search for something.
No it's not a source request.
A friend of mine is calling me ignorant and privileged due to the fact I'm defending a police officers decision on opening fire on a woman.
Here is the whole article, as what I said isn't everything.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/19/seattle-police-fatally-shoot-black-mother-of-four-who-confronted-officers-with-a-knife/

Now, because I'm butthurt about what she called me, and calling this police brutality, I'm asking you guys to help out on finding actual examples of police brutality, where the officer is, without any excuse, at fault.
This can be through news articles, images, or more credible sources.

Please, the more gruesome, the better.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>344166
>Please, the more gruesome, the better.
Aren't you slick'n'cleva.
>>
>>344166
Rodney King's an obvious example.

But your argument is kinda shitty here. It reminds me of Crocodile Dundee's "that's not a knife, THIS is a knife" claim in response to a smaller knife. You're not really saying that the other thing isn't what they're claiming it is, you're just saying there are more extreme cases. I'm sure there's a name for this fallacy but it slips my mind. Point is, this is a fundamentally bad way to argue a point.
>>
>>344262
It's the Fallacy of Relative Privation.
>>
>>344262

This. You should instead look for videos of a person with a knife severely injuring another person and say "this is why the cops needed to defend themselves from a person wielding a knife at them".
>>
>>344280
Thanks. I thought about No True Scotsman, but that's kinda the reverse.
>>344307
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill There's also empirical studies about how dangerous a wielder can really be. Not trying to weigh in on either side of OP's argument though, since 90% of the time the facts get so murky, lost and twisted no one can really argue one way or the other. I remember so much vitriol and anger on both sides over that Mike Brown incident, and it was all just negativity in the end.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.