[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I make my phone and computer untrackable/anonymous?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (102B, 72x96px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
102B, 72x96px
I can't find anything helpful online. Do you know of a way I can make my phone and computer untrackable or anonymous or whatever I should call it? I have an iPhone 5 (no service on it) and a windows laptop. The iPhone 5 is one my friend gave me a while back. I'm pretty dumb when it comes to technology. I only know basic stuff. Thanks for your time.

Pic related; color human eye is most sensitive to
>>
You mean like removing the SIM card and using a VPN?
>>
>>343578
idk does that make it untrackable?
>>
>>343573
a hacker would be the right person to answer ur question
>>
>>343573
Try not to use proprietary browsers or software. If possible, use Tails Linux and Tor for browsing or a VPN if you can afford it.

Here are some websites that will help you find safer alternatives to any software you currently use:
https://prism-break.org/en/
https://privacytoolsio.github.io/privacytools.io/
>>
>>343598
I heard Tor is really slow though.
>>
>>343600
True, but it's unavoidable since encryption and decryption isn't instantaneous.
>>
>>343608
i mean i guess its worth it cuz you get to be anonymous. Does anyone know of a way I can make my iPhone 5 and my laptop unable to be located?
>>
>>343573
If you're not connected to any wifi or service aren't you untrackable? Unless you connect to one of course. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>343600
It's not *that* slow, and you shouldn't use it for large downloads anyway, in that case VPNs are better
>>
>>343619

Correct (in theory, ignoring things like silent SMS and such, let's suppose you broke the antenna or sth) but then you cannot really do much with the devices. Cannot phone, cannot go online, cannot use online based services like multiplayer gaming, can't get apps...
>>
Try using TAILS and a VPN
also try removing the SIM card.
>>
>>343647
What would happen if I removed the SIM card?
>>
>>343647
Also, I searched up TAILS. So it's basically just linux operating system? I kinda like windows a lot idk if it completely changes that I'm not bright when it comes to technology.
>>
>>343649

Empty device, cannot be connect to a specific user anymore (except if your name somehow would be connected to your phone's IMEI), only emergency calls possible.
>>
>>343647
Removed SIM card, storing it. Should I store it? idk. I just got it from an employee at a at&t store a while back
>>
>>343653
Yes TAILS is a Linux distribution. It keeps your device from sending packs to your ISP and has TOR by default.
>>
>>343662
oh ok. Is there a way I can use the internet on my laptop without being able to be tracked or traced? Or does TAILS cover it all? Also, will I be able to download software like spotify, skype, google hangouts, etc?
>>
>>343667

Define

You will always have an IP given by the provider when going online which can be connected to you, but you can make it nearly impossible for a server to track you down.
>>
>>343670
I don't want my location to be found to sum it up.
I also want to be able to download my favorite programs tho
>>
>>343667
if someone wants to find you, they will.
it depends on who you are trying to hide from.
from google, facebook, the NSA? essentially impossible.
but if there is someone (a specific person) you are trying to hide from, that is much more doable.
>>
>>343667
no you wouldn't be able to use your home internet on tails. if you're looking for total anonymity you would go to a coffee shop and use TAILS.
if you're gonna go full anon you pretty much have to have no accounts, no subscriptions ,no nothing.
>>
>>343672 >>343673
Well, I'm running away and I don't want to be located.
>>
>>343677
then just dont bring any electronics
>>
>>343677
is it absolutely necessary that you bring your laptop and smartphone with you?
>>
>>343716
I mean for the future im gonna want to have a way to access internet and I pretty much can't live without listening to music
>>
>>343718
http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-male-us-uk.php
just use this to sign up for shit
>>
>>343718
>can't live without listening to music

Get a real mp3 player
>>
>>343677
For what it's worth, I don't think you should do this. It sounds like you are a rebellious teenager in a bad mood.
>>
>>343732
No actually I've been planning it out for a year. I have 7000 dollars now and I just need to prep for it.
>>
>>343731
Yh i prolly will. Phones are gay anyways desu
>>
>>343740
oops i said desu for who knows why wtf does that mean
>>
>>343573
This sounds like a joke but it works

>wrap phone in tinfoil (aluminium foil if urgent American / foreign)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.