[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0xc00000e9 issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1012KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1012KB, 3264x2448px
Hey, I had this problem with my computer lately which it doesn't want to work. (I'm horrible with tech)

Information about the pc:

Predator G3610
Windows 7
Intel core i3 2120
6GB DDR3
1 TB memory

It began out of nowhere. No warning, nothing. It starts up and with a struggling sound from a fan inside and as the Acer icon shows up it glitches and flashes. I get to the menu to either pick start windows repair or start the pc normally, if I pick windows repair the furthest i get is the computer trying to diagnose itself where it gets stuck and just keeps going

>let it scan
Tried letting it take its own pace and for a whole day nothing came out of it

Or I pick start normally option, here the windows symbol doesn't show up nothing moves and after a few minutes it goes to "windows reads files" with a grey loading bar underneath it. Then it moves onto a screen with describes status 0xc00000e9 and a I/O error (if I remember right)

I know I should look insider the pc itself but I have no clue what to do inside it.

If you may help me?

Pic related the screen I'm stuck at
>>
>>343521
1st step: replace SATA cable
2nd step: using a $2 Xbox 360 disk from Gamestop and a 4GB or better USB key, create a Windows 10 installer using the "windows 10 media creation tool" (google it) and a working PC, then connect only the Xbox disk (remove it from the caddy it comes in) and try installing Windows on it (select "I don't have a product key" during install).

If Windows 10 works fine, your disk is broken and you need to get a new disk. If it doesn't, you're looking at either memory, motherboard, PSU or CPU.
>>
>>343526
what is the SATA cable connected to?
>>
File: 4L_Q1t7ZuoU.jpg (5KB, 225x169px) Image search: [Google]
4L_Q1t7ZuoU.jpg
5KB, 225x169px
>>343533
Oh, it's a laptop.

Fuck that, straight to step 2.

If a clean Windows doesn't work, then test with a known-good SoDIMM, known-good SATA ribbon (if it has one), and known-good processor before replacing the motherboard.
>>
>>343555
>Predator G3610
laptop?
>>
>>343555
>laptop
For all the shit advise you gave him you should've at least looked up his hardware and realized that it's a shitty prebuilt desktop computer. Please stop roleplaying faggot.
>>
File: 4L_gr1HbSwv.jpg (227KB, 854x791px) Image search: [Google]
4L_gr1HbSwv.jpg
227KB, 854x791px
>>343571
You're right, should have googled it. Fair cop.

HOWEVER, >>343526 is exactly the correct thing to do if your desktop is doing that, and if you disagree, you're going to have to back your opinion up with a little more than just "no u".
>>
>>343581
thanks for the picture, i took it out and put it back and pc started up, i guess i still go and buy a new one
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.