[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What online resources are there for people who want to learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 2017-07-08 17.53.46.png (18KB, 799x392px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-08 17.53.46.png
18KB, 799x392px
What online resources are there for people who want to learn to read a language before speeking it?
>>
>>343492
How can you possibly read a language you can't speak?

Here, I just made up one, try to read it:

>o .。.:*ψ
>>
File: language do or die.png (370KB, 381x590px) Image search: [Google]
language do or die.png
370KB, 381x590px
>>343529
A bit nasty, however I tend to agree.
>>
>>343529
My uncle can read Greek, but cannot pronounce the words -- he literally translates each word in his mind. It's very inefficient, of course. Children learn to understand, then speak their native tongue long before they read.

Maybe OP just wants to read a book or road signs.

This site lists the 3000 most common words used in languages:

http://www.ezglot.com/most-frequently-used-words.php?l=spa&submit=Select
>>
>>343492
I think you ought to rephrase your request to something like "what languages can I learn to read as I learn to speak?"

Reading and writing is a distinct component of language learning that can take you to some extremes like Chinese or Korean as far as what you know to be literate.
>>
File: 3968335_700b.jpg (739KB, 700x4309px) Image search: [Google]
3968335_700b.jpg
739KB, 700x4309px
>>343584
Actually, Korean is pretty straightforward.
>>
File: 4L_jdKowLDx.gif (9KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
4L_jdKowLDx.gif
9KB, 400x328px
>>343589
Korean speakers keep saying that, but if you try learning the alphabet when you don't speak Korean it's just meaningless gobbledygook.

You'd have an easier time learning wingdings or pigpen, even though there's millions of examples of Hangul being used to write Korean and only a smattering of examples of Wingdings being used to write English.
>>
File: russian_pronunciation.gif (12KB, 546x384px) Image search: [Google]
russian_pronunciation.gif
12KB, 546x384px
>>343612
Actually, I do a fair job of reading rot13ed English.

Unlike English, some languages can be read phonetically...

What's with all the negativity anyways?
>>
>>343616
>What's with all the negativity anyways?

Looks like it /wsr/ has had a bit bad day today with some posters. Hangover day maybe.
>>
>>
>>343492
https://djtguide.neocities.org/
>>
>>343529
>>343535
You're right. Who am I kidding?
>>343549
Thanks anyway
>>
>>343983
Don't pretend to be me, faggot
>>
>>343612
>you'd find it easier reading English in a funny alphabet because you speak English
>>343616
>Actually, I find it quite easy reading English in a funny alphabet because I speak English
>>
I learnt to read Korean before speaking it, still learning how to speak but I reckon learning how to read is useful because you learn the sounds, how to form your mouth and how to relate it to English when saying a letter or whatever. For me I can read any Korean with ease but understanding is the harder part.

I'd say just search up Learn (language) alphabet or characters and go from there.
>>
>>343989
Shoo. /wsr/ is for helping people, not trolling. Go back to 8ch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.