[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chloride and fluoride.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Ranom.jpg (9KB, 700x282px) Image search: [Google]
Ranom.jpg
9KB, 700x282px
I want to get rid of both from my tap water but I can't find anything that's under 100 that'll actually work and get rid of both at the same time. Help.
Pic is of my reaction to water with 'them' in it.
>>
Chlorine will simply dissipate if you let the water stand still in an open container a day or two, depends partially on room temperature. Chloramine wont leave that way, you need either proper catalytic chemistry or a proper filter setup.

Fluoride must be filtered with designated Activated filter systems. There is a reason why those work and tricks won't.

Faith based engineering generally doesn't work, and there's always a price tag on a piece of proper engineering. Take it or leave it, up to you.
>>
>>343007

Why though?

You wanna get rid of ions, you'll either have to
-get an ion exchanger and cartridges, a normal filter won't help, chloride is a non- metal and pretty light
-Reverse osmosis, get a plant bigger than your home with energy costs up the roof to filter your water
-get some silver nitrate and precipitate it as silver cloride
-destillate it, cook it, capture the steam and cool it again. Probably the best way to do it especially since you want to remove the even less catchable flouride too.
>>
File: home-distiller.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
home-distiller.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
You should be able to get one of these puppies for under $100.

This is just for drinking water, right?
>>
>>343013
I want to get rid of it because you can DIE from taking in too much fluoride and I drink a lot of water. I want to get rid of chlorine because I'm pretty sure that's what's making the water dry my throat
>>
File: xsrdftgyhjk.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
xsrdftgyhjk.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>343039
>"under 100"
>goes to website
>170
>>
>>343366

True. Did you know you can DIE from taking too much chloride, aka salt, too? Just a few cups at once.
With the flouride-level in your normally fluoridized water all you have to do is to drink around 3000- 4000 liters at once- and BAM! That's it. Yes at once, fluoride is excellently water soluable and gets eliminated via urine quickly.
Truely a devil's plaything...
>>
>>343407
Yes, the risk of poisoning is imminent. Think of it: You only need to conduct some high voltage through your body to cause water electrolysis, then free Hydrogen goes together with Fluoride and BAM, you Die from hydrofluoric acid poisoning. Just like that.
You should have treated your tapwater.
>>
>>343007
A still will remove both. the ATF will break your door down, thinking you're brewing alcohol, and when they find out you aren't, they'll apologise, fix your door and ask for a glass of clean water.
>>
>>343441
But they have already shot your dog, cat and goldfish.

I think by now everyone can tell that playing with water is hell of a dangerous business.
>>
>>343368
I posted the image as an example, no a recommendation. Also:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/countertop-water-distiller
>>
>>343007

If only there was an honest water filter salesman on the internet.
>>
>>343007
Brita water jug works ok
>>
>>343441
No cos you can't make alcohol with a fucking water distiller you retard the temperature is waaaay too high that's why you can buy them without a licence
>>
>>343824
It doesn't do shit, it's shit.
>>
>>343523
Does it remove the chloride and fluoride?
>>
>>343523
Does it remove the chloride and fluoride?
>>
>>343827
Because it teleports from STP to 100 degrees without ever passing through 76 degrees?
>>
>>344102
It doesn't remain at 75 for long enough trust me my mate tried it it doesn't work
>>
>>343827
you want to explain that to the ATF as they're bulldozing your house? good luck with that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.