[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Completely new to building computers. I have looked at quite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1491611032132s.jpg (6KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491611032132s.jpg
6KB, 245x250px
Completely new to building computers. I have looked at quite a bit of parts and made a list of the parts that I will need but I'm curious if there is a way to reduce the costs and if I'm missing anything besides of course peripherals and a case. Also as far as I know everything is compatible.

>AMD - FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
>MSI - 990FXA-GAMING ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard
>Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
>Mushkin - Reactor 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
>XFX - Radeon R7 250 4GB Video Card
>Corsair - VS 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Since I have no idea what the middle ranges for each part is, I'm unsure if I'm overspending or not spending enough. Any feedback is welcome
>>
>>342249
Go to pcpartpicker.com and build your PC in it.

It'll find you the cheapest deals on all the components you pick, and it'll tell you if there are any documented problems with what you've chosen.

It'll also tell you how much power the things you've picked need (which will definitely be less than 500W).

RAM and PSU are areas almost everybody overspends on. If the actual specification is the same, there's absolutely no difference between RAM from different assemblers. There are only two or three companies that even make RAM chips, so all you're getting for your extra $20 is a prettier heatsink on the exact same dies.

With PSUs, everyone tends to overspecify them, "just in case". What a waste of money. Compare CPUs and GPUs in the same price bracket year-by-year, and what do you notice? TDP is going *down*. Your next GPU will perform better but use less power, and the overspecified PSU will still be wasted money.
>>
>>342252
I am using pcpartpicker which is why I know that everything is compatible. Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, I should just buy the cheapest Ram I can get (of course with the amount I want) and I should get just what I need in power.
>>
>>342254
Why did you do the pcpartpicker thing and then keep the link to yourself?
>>
>>342256
That's a good point, I guess stupidity on my part.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v2sbYr
>>
>>342249
>R7 250
That card is ancient. A 2GB 550 is cheaper, and way faster than it. A 4GB 550 is $12 more, and way faster than it.

AMD did a significant process shrink (not as significant as Nvidia's 9x0 --> 10x0 shrink) with the release of the 4x0 series, and as such any card older than a 4x0 should be considered obsolete.
>>
>>342265
Thanks for the response, I will definitely check out the 2GB 550
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xM8F6X

Slightly updated
>>
Who's she from?
>>
here is an example build i created, it would work fine
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CjQ3JV
if your looking to do gaming the cpu and gpu are the most important, something around this price range would look correct, depending on what your doing and how much you have to spend and which country you are in.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/
should help you too
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.