[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does phone need security like anti-virus or anti-malware? retard here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: CjcQBE6_d.jpg (22KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
CjcQBE6_d.jpg
22KB, 362x346px
Does phone need security like anti-virus or anti-malware? retard here.
>>
>>341863
No, just make sure you use an adblocker & don't download anything suspicious.
>>
You shouldn't really need any because malware on mobile devices is super easy to stop before you run it. Use adblock too.
>>
>>341863
don't install anything that is not from playstore and you are good
(don't allow it if you are ever asked without your intention)
then worst they can do is changing the start page of your browser
>>
>>341863

No, but if you have a paid internet security package for your broadband you can often get a free app for your phone, which also comes with useful anti-theft utilities such as, tracking, photograph thief mode, remote factory reset, etc.
>>
>>341876

...and remote bricking.
>>
>>341868
>>341876
How about cleaners ? like super cleaner and clean master ?
>>
>>341878
they clean app caches
good if you are lazy
>>
>>341878

Malwarebytes will scan for malware and spyware, plus it has other options.
>>
>>341880
let me guess, it won't remove it if it finds it
>>
>>341880
It has low ratings I wouldn't trust that.
>>
>>341881
malqewbytes is decent on pc...
>>
Anti-virus is mostly hokum, but this is especially true on Android

Android has a lot of built in protections to protect you from malware. For example, Google and phone manufacturers don't really want you getting apps from outside of the playstore so they can either profit from you or so they don't have to replace people's phones when they install malware, so most phones default to be unable to install unknown apps. Once you disable things like that, the only real vulnerabilities (to malware, anyway) are from apps themselves, rather than the phone OS. So as long as you get these apps (as apks, generally) from reliable sources (xda, github, etc.), you don't run much risk, and an anti-virus certainly won't do much other than quarantine a file that it knows to be dangerous (or more likely, doesn't know and just assumes), preventing you from installing it. Now there's not really any harm in that, you might think to yourself, but this "protection" doesn't come free either. Not only will it eat up battery, system resources, and possibly data, it is also probably collecting your personal information and tracking you, and could possibly introduce it's own vulnerabilities. You are 100% of the time better off without mobile anti-virus.

As for cleaners, these aren't inherently snake oil like AV. What they do is generally clean app caches. This is something you can do with the android system itself, so you don't need it. The only cleaner I would even consider using is SD Maid. It's only really a convenience though, it just detects files and folders from apps that you've uninstalled and deletes them for you. If you see a file like com.235n2lnrekj2kj32hnw.extension, you might be hesitant to delete it because you don't know what it is, but SD Maid can tell if it's critical for an app you have or not.

But really, you don't need any of that. Mobile browsers are still vulnerable to sketchy shit, though, so consider one with an adblocker
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.