[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Processor Upgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 71yv9kTkaTL._SL1500_.jpg (99KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71yv9kTkaTL._SL1500_.jpg
99KB, 1500x1500px
So I use this computer:
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i3656-8022RED-Desktop-Radeon/dp/B015XK1XN4/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t
and i wanted to upgrade its processor to a AMD Ryzen 5 1600x,
only issue is, i dont know if it will fit into my motherboard or if i would need to upgrade the cooling system. Can anyone help me with this?
>>
jesus that's a terrible computer. anyways you'd need to upgrade the motherboard to an am4 motherboard and you'd need a new cooler because the ryzen 1600x doesn't come with one
>>
>>340901
Your computer is a laptop with no screen. It won't accept desktop processors, and there's no room for a motherboard that will.

>>341046
And you'd need a new case to put it in, and a new power supply.
>>
>>341046
>>341086
so basically i should just start from scratch? maybe save the ram and hard drive but everything else has to go?
>>
>>341323
What exactly do you feel is wrong with the PC you've got?

Could you not just put a 1050Ti in it?
>>
you will need to start from scratch, you can save the hard drive bit it will likely cause trouble due to conflicting drivers i suggest this website: https://pcpartpicker.com/
>>
>>341341
how about you fuck off? dont reccomend dubious upgrades without knowing what he needs it for
>>
>>341393
How about you fuck off?

You can see the spec yourself at Amazon, where it's clearly labeled "gaming PC".
>>
>>341412
Dell Inspiron i3656-8022RED Desktop (AMD FX, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD) AMD Radeon R9 360 2GB DDR5

yes yes, quite the clearly labelled "gaming" pc. The top review mentions its quite obviously not a gaming pc and the only mention in the article is that it can do "casual" gaming
>>
>>341416
Hence the suggestion of a casual gaming card that complements the processor.

Are you really trying to say that OP is so stupid he doesn't know what a graphics card does, or whether or not he plays games?
>>
>>341470
he never said a thing about games, you just assumed it. And if he was gaming then yes, he doesnt know a thing about gpus. The computer already has a decent enough gpu for "casual" gaming.
>>
>>341486
Hence the phrasing as a question.

I know you really want to not be wrong here, but anyone that's not a blithering imbecile (which, I guess, explains you) knows whether they play games or not, and knows whether their games are running fast enough or not.

So which is it? Is OP smart enough to change a motherboard, or not smart enough to know if he needs a GPU?

And don't even fucking try to pretend there's two cretins here who write like you do. Don't even fucking try.
>>
>>341490
your ignoring the fact he could be doing cpu intensive workloads, for some reason. He obviously didnt know a motherboard upgrade was also needed, which is why he asked here. Why did you drag gpus into this?
>>
>>341492
You're ignoring the fact that he has an IQ over seventy, and is perfectly capable of answering a question.

Unlike you, it would seem: is OP so stupid he doesn't know whether he plays games or not (making you an imbecile for suggesting he try to replace a motherboard whilst his carer isn't looking), or is he smart enough to replace a motherboard (making you an imbecile for suggesting that he wouldn't know if he needed more GPU or not)?

Which way do you want to be an imbecile? Answer the goddamn question.
>>
OP here. what the fuck happened. i currently use the pc for casual gaming, but would like to beef it up, as i dont really have the money for an entirly new computer. the issues i have been having making me want to upgrade have been slower speeds in programs.
so, my question is do i:
1 - get a solution that involves.purchasing like 1 or 2 parts and not clean my bank account
or
2 - say fuck it and deal with this shit
>>
>>341529
>what the fuck happened
I feel your pain, OP.

What's upgradable in your PC seems to be the graphics card and the storage. If it's just generally sluggish, consider getting an SSD. If your performance in games is unacceptable, consider getting a current-gen card like a 1050Ti.

Obviously you can replace the RAM, but
it's already got 16GB. There doesn't seem to be any CPU for your socket that's appreciably better than the one you've got.
>>
>>341617
Seconding this... Any new CPU that the board can handle isn't going to help you. Ya got enough RAM, and even if it isn't the fastest RAM the CPU/Mobo combo can use (and it probably is), slightly faster isn't going to make a difference.

Only options left are SSD and new Graphics Card. SSD will help some games but not others, but will improve overall performance like night and day. Graphics card will make the biggest difference in games, but nothing else.

Ideally, scrap it for a new rig.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.