[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I convert a mp3 into a legit ogg vorbis, and then that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Exile - Enter the Ex.png (682KB, 1216x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Exile - Enter the Ex.png
682KB, 1216x1018px
How do I convert a mp3 into a legit ogg vorbis, and then that into a webm? I have tried some online mp3 to ogg converters, but something seems to be still missing. For example 4chan boards are claiming that it's still not ogg sound source in the file.

Pic related. I found it finally after years of passive-aggressive searching.
>>
>>340842
No one has done this? Really?
>>
>>340938
fre:ac maybe
ffmpeg if you like command line
>>
>>340944
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that fre:ac first.
>>
>>340842
Just decode it to PCM then encode as normal.

There's no quality loss using a lossless intermediate format.
>>
>>340842
>lossy to lossy
It hurts me when people do this, so please don't.
>>341091
You can't get lossless PCM out of lossy mp3.
>>
>>341103
>You can't get lossless PCM out of lossy mp3.
you didn't get it. He is saying that you can convert mp3 to pcm without further quality loss. Then you can convert it to another format.
This is more or less what those converters do anyway
>>
>>341091
>>341103
>>341106

Op here, thanks for the input anon bros. Guess I'll resort to zippyshare instead in the future.
>>
>>341106
Well, after the first transcode to PCM you'll still have mp3 quality pcm (you can't get lossless source from mp3), and if you then transcode it to vorbis (lossy) you will loose quality.
just to make it clear, what you suggest is something like this:
>mp3 -> PCM -> vorbis
which isn't different from this:
>mp3 -> vorbis

As for OP's question, you can it in Audacity.
>>
>>341131
>As for OP's question, you can it in Audacity.
Damn, I have that in my kit. Never thought of it because never even used it for anything. Thanks anon bro.
>>
>>341131
>>341133

Yeah, Audacity worked like a small animal in mp3 to ogg.

Export function converts it into other formats of your choice. At save, it gives you an option (1 to 10) on how much you want to diminish the file size in expense of the sound quality.
>>
Op here, one more question, pic related.

What is that code/id/thing in metadata comment section? I ditched it and it didn't affect playing. I'm dumb with these issues.
>>
>>340842
whered you find the exile dl????
>>
>>341144
Here.
http://asiamysweetobsession.blogspot.fi/2013/09/exile_24.html
Mega link seems to be still up.

This was the one I had been looking for. I had absolutely no clue about the artist or anything. Just dumb luck on my behalf.
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/FmzWl44T/file.html
>>
>>341142
metadata is not part of the audio, you can change it with toold without any encoding
tl;dr it is meta
>>
>>341150
wicked thanks, i had the exile best of dvd (or something similar to that title) that was given to me in japan and i lost it.
>>
>>341151
Right, thanks. Been wondering if notes in metadata could prevent file converting, sharing or something like that. I genuinely know nothing about these things.
>>
>>341131
The reason it's different is that the encoder will accept PCM, whereas it doesn't seem to accept MP3.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.