[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What anime are worth watching from the spring 2017 season? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What anime are worth watching from the spring 2017 season? I did alread watch LWA and Uchouten Kazoku 2, so I'm asking for other stuff. I am a person with rather high expectations but not impossible to please.

For example last season the anime I was able to finish were (from favorite to least)
Rakugo 2
LWA (first half)
Dragon Dentist
MaidDragon
ACCA

Though the last three are close.
>>
Tsuki ga Kirei
That's all
>>
>>340794
I can't really get a feel for what you like from those because there's no pattern, but the standout show from last season I felt like was Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, which is the sequel to SnB:Genesis that aired some years ago. Should definitely give the first series a watch, it's also fantastic. Great animation, great characters, great soundtrack. Fun story. The first series was only I think 12 episodes, but the sequel one airing right now is 2 cour, episode 13 aired just this last Friday and it's the halfway point of the series.
>>
>>340794

Great taste with Uchouten Kazoku even if from your words, you sound like a dick.

Anyway, I recommend both ID-0 and Tsuki ga Kirei highly. ID-0's about space pirates that mine ore and Tsuki ga Kirei is a fantastic middle school romance.

Sakura Quest and Shingeki no Bahamut are half-way decent. Bahamut's gotten a lot better in recent episodes, but if you don't want to wait several episodes, then it's fine.

Watch Shingeki no Kyojin and Hero Academia if you want some fun action and good animation.
>>
>>340802
I watched the first season. I liked it at the beginning but by the end it was a bit tiresome to watch. How do the two compare?

>I can't really get a feel for what you like from those because there's no pattern
I do watch a variety of things. It just has to be creative. Either visually appealing, having a good script or just being unique. My favorite anime in general are things like eva, kaiba, tatami galaxy, utena, casshern sins, utena, lain, angel's egg, flcl or belladonna. But I don't think that helps since I really don't expect any of the seasonal anime to be on par with those.
>>
>>340808
Season 2 of SnB is a lot slower paced, due to being 2cour and having twice the episodes to work with. Also focuses on a new character: Nina, who is cute as all hell. The first like 7 or 8 episodes are mostly fantasy Slice of Life interspersed with some action scenes mostly involving characters from the first series (Azazel and Kaisar mostly) along with some new ones. Things get more serious in the run up to the end of the first cour though. If anything, the production values for this season are even better, and the last two episodes especially had jaw-dropping animation in them. I'm pretty invested at this point and I'm eager to see where it goes, since they've changed up the setting at the halfway point.
>>
>>340803
Thanks, I'm not really a dick I think, but I did want to sound like one. I don't feel like an elitist, but my tastes do align most of the time with what "elitist" and "hipster" fans like, so I wanted for people to recommend stuff they would to that kind of anime watcher.
>>
>>340812
Not that guy, but what throws me off is your taste is mixed with those "hipster" titles like ACCA and Rakugo that are only watched a rather small clique and who like to brag about it, yet also really popular mainstream titles like Maid Dragon and LWA. If it were one or the other I'd probably peg you as one stereotype or the other, but the fact you like both equally is what is hard to read.
>>
>>340817
Maid Dragon and LWA have very high quality animation though. LWA has a also a very creative setting and good story. ACCA doesn't stand out as much with the animation but the art design is unique. Rakugo is just a great human drama with lovable, fun characters just like LWA. But it allows itself to treat itself more seriously, which always requires a bit more courage.
>>
>>340827
Oh, and Lucoa is hot, which is also a big factor in why I liked Kobayashi-san.
>>
>>340827
Yeah it's just that normally the people who latch onto shows like Maid Dragon and LWA do so because they're popular and made by popular studios (KyoAni and Trigger). Shows like Rakugo, which are down to earth period pieces focused on human drama, or ACCA which is a very subdued low fantasy setting focused on political intrigue, are normally off the radar. There is not a whole lot of overlap in their audiences. I mean, I watched both, but I watch 20+ anime a season so if something is worth watching for any reason I usually give it a watch. It's unusual to see somebody like you who only picks up a handful of shows having that kind of spread.
>>
>>340831
That's odd, because I thought it's quite the opposite and that my taste is normal as it can get. As if when you asked everyone to vote for their favorite anime from that season you'd get the five shows I watched.

As for Trigger, it's probably my favorite studio right now and liked all the imaishi and yoshinari stuff from it (didn't like ninja slayer, ino-bato or kiznaiver tho). As for Kyoani, they're not exactly my type but I do admire them for their animation quality. On top of that while I dislike the fact that a lot of their shows look really similar especially in the last seven years, but I do like the shows that stand out stylistically like FMP, Kyoani, Lucky Star, Clannad, or now MaidDragon.

Now that I think of it, that's a common thread for all the shows in the OP. Each one has a style that stands out from anime. I usually dislike the more "generic" looking anime. Generic in terms of stories, tropes and genre as well.
>>
>>340838
>if when you asked everyone to vote for their favorite anime from that season you'd get the five shows I watched.
Well it depends on who you ask. If you ask /a/ you'd get Kono Suba s2, Gabriel Dropout, LWA, Maid Dragon, and Demi-chan as a top 5 probably. I don't have much truck with normalfags but if I want a quick barometer on what they're watching I go to MAL and see what's got the most people following it. See for yourself, here's winter 2017: https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/winter ordered from most followed to least. You have to scroll down a ways to find ACCA or Rakugo.
>>
>>340885
Interesting. Well anyways, I guess uniqueness in terms of story, style or both are a rather common thread in what I like. I just don't like anything that could be considered genric, especially visually. The A-1 picture/light novel look that's common today. Some of my favorite works are anime by Yuasa, Kenji Nakamura, Ikuhara, Oshii Gainax and various anime that stand out in terms of art design like or atmosphere like Belladonna, Casshern Sins or Serial Experiments Lain.

Problem is there's nothing like that this season besides Uchouten Kazoku 2 and LWA. I already watched an ep of Kado, Virgin Soul, Re Creators, Warau Salesman (had a more unique style, but was rather formulaic) and Sakura Quest, but dropped those.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.