[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Criticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2041.jpg (593KB, 2001x2287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2041.jpg
593KB, 2001x2287px
Hey guys, I would be on the beginning art board but I am very tired and made grammar issues so nobody actually talks about my drawing. I am new to this and would like some critique so I can improve. This is my first try with a mannequin ref. What should I work on
>>
I fucking suck at drawing but I can tell you some shit about this.

It's not proportional at all. At. All. Did you draw this as you looked at it? I can tell you did. Fucking hell, even I know you need to start with geometrical figures.
>>
>>340720
I assume you mean the arms and they are meant to be going forward toward the viewer and that's why they are shorter. I'm not sure how to communicate that though. If that's not what you meant I was hoping you could point it out
>>
>>340715
are you 7 or bellow if so great keep it up
>>
>>340725
So you want to give perspective to a 2D drawing that's clearly front-view.

O kay
>>
Thanks for your advice! I knew it was shitty and I'm glad to get feedback so I may improve. :)
>>
>>340728
i actually like the hands the rest is so childish i couldn't imagine you getting any better
>>
>>340729
One can only hope :) I was worried about the hands lol. I think one of my bigger problems was trying to do perspective and such as a beginner. I should stick to arms at the sides until I actually know what I'm doing lol
>>
File: discus.jpg (348KB, 872x664px) Image search: [Google]
discus.jpg
348KB, 872x664px
>>340715
i got ya famalam.

draw real people if you wanna get better at drawing real people. you've already got a good eye (check out those hands, neck, shading, etc) so don't even trip. but your guy has a dislocated right shoulder, so you wanna draw people that look realistic? draw real people doin real activities. you'll pick up on the proportions and stuff quickly. i like to use photos of olympic athletes, pic related.

if you just wanna draw weeb shit then behold: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=famous+mangaka
>>
File: discusman.jpg (56KB, 427x289px) Image search: [Google]
discusman.jpg
56KB, 427x289px
>>341028
>>
File: 1463003486479.jpg (306KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463003486479.jpg
306KB, 600x900px
Alright listen, when I started drawing I had the same mindset: I thought that artists just sat down and drew what their imagination gave them.

It doesn't work like that.

You. Must. Sketch.

You draw a stick figure, you draw a 3d mannequin above it, then you start adding details above it.

In fact, sketching is the single most important way to improve your craft. Stop doing final products, start doing stick figures and mannequins of everything from all perspectives.

Like, sit down, and do only hand models. By the time the page is full you have drawn maybe 30 different hands in 40 minutes. Repeat that daily with more hands, heads, butts, horses, horse butts, birds, trees, everything. You can do the same practice with things like shadows or perspectives, it's a shotgun approach.

Before two months are over you will have a huge library inside your head because you have sketched every object imaginable (if you haven't continue sketching). So when you then sit down and draw something with more effort you will always have a reference guide inside your head and your art will be much better.

This "inner library" is something all drawing artists need so you better get to it sooner than later.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.