[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overheating CPU troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Corsair H75.png (266KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
Corsair H75.png
266KB, 750x493px
I would like to preface that I'm somewhat computer illiterate.

Recently, my computer has been a lot louder than normal. I simply thought it was a wobbly fan bearing or something minor along the lines. I've come back to my computer several times in the last two days to find "CPU overheat error" screen.

I have a Corsair Hydro Series H75 Liquid CPU Cooler. I've checked both fans and the thermal paste and they are in good condition. Thermal paste may be a good idea to replace soon, but it's not dry as of this moment.

I've discovered that the foreign noise are air-bubbles. I've sat the computer horizontal and my idle temperatures have decreased from 88 degrees celsius to 56, as of this moment. However, the noise still occurs although significantly less.

TL;DR: I got air-bubbles in my heatsink.

Question:

I was just wondering what someone would recommend to get these bubbles out? I want to be safe before I resort to opening my computer and shaking the hell out of the thing.

Also what would be optimal idle temperature for an i5-4690k (I don't know if you'd need more information)? I'm sitting at 56C and maybe do need new thermal paste or something.
>>
>>340462
How long have you had that CPU cooler?
>>
>>340470
January 2015
>>
I opened a live stream. Temperatures raised to 100 so I turned it off. I've had it off for a while now and temps sitting idle at 80. They are not dropping.
>>
>>340478
I have a Corsair H100i GTX. It started crapping out within a year. I have to set pump speeds to max, I keep the fan speeds at medium. Its the pump speed that makes the most difference. I noticed tapping on the pump fixes it. However I have to do this each time the PC starts up. Recently I've noticed I no longer have to tap on the pump to get it working. However I still keep my pump speeds set to max speeds.

My current CPU temp is ~35C. CPU is overclocked from 3.8 to 4.2ghz. I've seen my pump reach high 80s. However my settings are configured so my PC shuts down if my temps reach 70C. My PC freezes in the 80s.

Not sure what causes the problem. I assume the filter is starting to get clogged up.
>>
>>340473
H75 has a five-year warranty, so just warranty it.
>>
>>340484
See >>340596.

The one and only good thing about these meme coolers is that they come with a long warranty.
>>
>>340599
>Corsair H100i GTX
I got the CPU cooler back to being stable.
I bought it at a store and lost the receipt. I used a credit card, so they might be able get me a copy. I may return it and sell the one they give me back.

I'm thinking of getting a water cooling kit. My case has a lot of space for one. I really hate Corsair.
>>
>single fan radiator
>suprised it isn't working

lmao
>>
>>340685
>single fan radiator

There are two fans, one either side of the radiator.
>>
>>340596
>>340599
Thanks. I would have never guessed the warranty was this long. I've filled out an RMA request and hopefully they can do something about it. I hope it doesn't take too long to replace (assuming it's approved).
>>
Quick suggestion:
Go out and buy a new cooler, same model. Put the new cooler in your PC, clean off the old cooler and repackage it in the box. Return the old cooler as if it was the new one for a full refund.

Voila, instant RMA accomplished. Be sure to check to return and restocking fees to make sure there are none.
>>
Is it okay to have the pump plugged into CPU_OPT?
>>
>>340774
On my mobo, i plug the pump in to CPU_OPT and then there is an option in the BIOS to set it as a W_PUMP
>>
>>340786
And I'm assuming setting it as a W_PUMP will make it run at 100% at all times? I've been reading that CPU_OPT fluctuates depending on temp and thats "bad" for the pumps. I'll check if I can do this when I get home.
>>
File: 20170702_150700.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170702_150700.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
I have problems with my CPU as well, it started making noises a few weeks ago and I've thought nothing of it until recently my PC started to shut off due to it over heating and the cooling fan isn't working properly and I've no idea what to do. It keeps 'stuttering' and it sounds like a heavy object being dragged on the ground any one have ideas on what I can do? I'm not a full expert on PC's.

Pic related it's my cooling fan
>>
>>340789
Why would the pump even have a speed control wire, if controlling the speed damaged it?
>>
>>340774
It's stupid when you've got four perfect servicable case fan headers.
>>
>>340797
Just replace the cooler. They're so cheap it's not even worth bothering to diagnose or fix them.
>>
>>340809
I haven't been working recently and I'm tight on money, so I'm going the very cheap way into trying to fix it than rather to replace it because I sure as hell won't know how to install a new one
>>
>>340806

I'm no expert on liquid cooling but it could be that you set to optimum speed for your system and then leave it at that to reduce the negative effects of constantly varying pressure? Hence you need to be able to alter the speed of the pump at least on initial install.
>>
>>340807
Would you be able to explain why it is stupid to do so? What are the benefits of having it in a CHA_FAN?
>>
>>340852
Can't accidentally set it to variable speed if you reset your CMOS and forget.

Don't get a hang on boot for the pump looking like a failed fan if you reset your CMOS and forget.
>>
>>340839
The pumps, pipes and radiator are always exactly the same for every single unit sold.

So obviously the optimal speed is always the same for every single unit sold. What would be the point of it being adjustable?
>>
>>340879

The units are the same but they're being attached to different PC systems that push out different amounts of heat from the CPU, and therefore require differing levels of cooling. It's pointless running a cooling system at full pelt (and maximum wear) when it isn't needed. Different processors need to be at different temps in order to run optimally, if the cooling system is running on max cooling constantly the processor might not be at its best temp for efficient use.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.