[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some good, free anti-virus software? AVG went to shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: arg-qmark.gif (33KB, 181x222px) Image search: [Google]
arg-qmark.gif
33KB, 181x222px
What is some good, free anti-virus software? AVG went to shit.
>>
microsoft security essentials does a decent job, is free for windows users, and doesn't shit up your computer with rootkits or retarded popups

or just use use the /g/ recommended antivirus, Common Sense (tm)
>>
Your brain.
>>
>>339830
Normies lack common sense, so I always install them Avast and disable sound and silence all popup.
>>
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
CCleaner
^The free versions of these do make a lot of popups

HijackThis <--- This is an advanced tool and you can fuck some shit up if you dont know what you are doing but it is totally free and there are no annoying popups.

ProcessHacker -> good free tool that lets you monitor system resources, debug software and detect malware.

Wireshark -> Network monitoring

I use Wireshark to detect suspicious network activity, ProcessHacker to find the suspected process and then use a combination of manual techniques and the other tools listed above for removal.

A really good sign you are dealing with a nefarious process is:
The process is sending traffic over the network but according to windows task manager, is not running.
>>
>>339827
>What is some good, free anti-virus software?
Linux. Genuinely seriously. The best surf board around.

There are literally tens of thousands of new reasons released per day why free antivirus softwares for Windows can't handle it. Even paid licenses with all features up and running can't handle it.
>>
>>339827
i use avast the most on people's comps but here's what i know

avast and avg, same company now, both full of pop ups and extra shit they want installing especially avg, with the new ratings including the popup bunth this will be addressed i guess

avira, great antivirus comes top of most list for free antivirus but very resource hungry

panda free and bit defender free, really light great antiviruses great detection rates, i'd go bit defender if you have a older shity comp and panda if you do online gaming

microsoft security essentials, is it even a antivirus or a placebo, i don't trust any antivirus that doesn't need restarting when it's uninstalled

out of all of em i go avast or panda
>>
Windows defender isn't that bad although if it detects a false positive it can be a real pain in the ass to get it not to delete the file sometimes.

You can easily get away with just using ccleaner and malware bytes you don't need to leave either of them running just do a scan every month or so and keep windows updated.
>>
>>339827

Avira.
Combined with A Brain(TM) is all you need, then maybe additional a program like Spybot or another such program specifically not for viruses but ad-/malware
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.