[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emo Bro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: filename.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
My brother has always been a bit on the emo side, heavy metal (pic related) and scream music, emo hair (though he doesn't dress goth or anything), but today I noticed he had started cutting himself. He had the words "not enough" carved into his arm. He saw me gawking when I noticed and yelled at me a bit but won't talk to me.

I'm really worried and I don't know what to do, please help.
>>
>>339766
I would ask for help on the advice board. I assume they've heard similar stories.

I think its just a phase. Hes probably going to get teased for doing dumb things like that and stop doing it.
>>
>>339773
Thanks forgot /adv/ existed. (not sarcasm)

I hope so but it's really freaking me out and I feel like I need to do something. Also school is out so he's not really hanging out with people who are likely to pick on him.
>>
Say him it's fucking stupid to cut himself. He has to wear long sleeves all the time if he wants to get a job, real gf and generally live instead of fucking die.

He will yell and behave badly back at you. You listen to him with a thought, and then yell back those thoughts.

The guy could be now in such a tight knot that opening it needs both time, thought and force. You can be nice but Don't be sloppy, that usually doesn't work. Tight is tight and it needs "muscle" to handle it.

Been there done that. I ended up punching my brother in the face in a similar kind of situation. He wasn't cutting himself, but doing other kind of stupid stuff equivalent to that. I love my bro and placed my trust and faith on the fact that we siblings know each other sometimes better than anyone else. And it worked at least to a point of him "sobering up" and finally seeing what he was doing to our family. He kinda came out of his head back to the world.

I have three brothers. We are all a bit rough dudes, and that's been our way to deal with things.
>>
>>339798

The problem with taking a really rough approach is that he can beat the living shit out of me if he wants to. He's in great shape and 2 inches taller than me and I'm a bit of a fat ass. I'm pretty sure if I yell at him he will beat me up.

It's also worth noting that he has a gf been with her for a couple weeks but he's known here for years, he's constantly at her house and he's not really a social outcast. I'm more worried that he's hanging out with a bad crowd than that he's becoming an outcast.
>>
>>339766
He's obviously trying to impress other emos if he's carving words just ignore it but be nice to him incase he's feeling down don't bring it up just give him a hug or something
>>
>>339800
>in great shape
>has a gf
>constantly at her house
>not really a social outcast

>hanging out with a bad crowd

Ok so he is just showing off to someone(s) how tough badass motherfucker he is.

How old are you guys?
>>
>>339826
He's 17 I'm 19
>>
>>339766
Tell him to listen to better music
>>
>>339766
Just be honest and ask him about it. Tell him you're worried and care. Let him talk/vent if he does. And if he like beats you up or something, your little bro is a piece of shit.

Also, since he's a minor, you could slip the info to your parents... But if your parents are shit then don't do that.
>>
>>339863
Ok chances are he'll come back once some of those in bad company screws him over by taking his girlfriend or puts him through a bum deal or gets arrested. Or something anything that scares him shitless. Some dudes just have to learn it hard way.

The deal is though not that many dudes actually turn into any real criminals. It's the typical "1%" who first go there and then stay there. 99% comes back after first experience that makes them change their pants. 17yos belong to this category by default.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.