[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to start watching anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

Can you guys recommend me any good anime? I want to start watching it
The only one I watched so far is dragon ball z
My friend recommended me dragon ball z, dragon ball super (told me to skip the first dragon ball and GT), death note and one piece
and my cousin told me to watch Evangelion, madoka magika and legend of galactic heroes
so if you could recommend any anime that isn't one of the above I'd be happy
thank you
>>
>>339676
cowboy bebop
samurai champloo
soul eater
flcl
nichibros
berserk
5 cm per second
planetes
>>
>>339676
>told me to skip dragon ball
But Dragon Ball is the best part of it
>>
Madoka Magica is good. Your cousin has some refined tastes, but I think Legend of Galactic Heroes will be boring to most audiences.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is good, but ignore the community behind it. Kino no Tabi is also good, although somewhat dated by now.

I don't know why you'd want to be a weeaboo but I'd suggest just going to anichart.net and picking something that's running this season and going with it. Summer seasons are usually shit compared to fall and winter, but you might find something you like.
>>
>>339682
This. Only an asshole would tell you to skip the first.
>>
>>339679
>>339714
Thanks!
>>
>>339714
>>339676
don't listen to this guy, 95% of the modern industry is shit
I can recommend you to watch a couple movies like ghost in the shell 1 and 2, Patlabor 1 and 2, Jin Roh, Akira, everything done by Ghibly, everything done by Gainax, Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, Bakemonogatari season 1, One Punch Man, the list could go on
If you'll like some of these recs just check out what other works did the directors/ key animators do, and just keep on exploring, forming your own taste
Just, please, for the love of god, don't watch modern ongoings
even if some of them are not complete trash, like My Hero Academia, the chances that you'll accidentally dtumble on something not repulsive are jsut waaay too low
>>
>>339676
Naruto is definitely a good shounen but don't become a narutard. That would be utterly cringey.

Toriko is another fancy shounen, actually comes from the makers of Dragon ball.
>finding, tracking, hunting, preparing and eating fantastical food ingredients
>superpowers, weird skillsets
>so macho it's almost gay
>mindless screaming
>crazy adventuring
>good is good and evil is evil = classic shounen setting
>>
if you want something a little different from what you're probably used to and what people will probably recommend, check out K-On! not for everyone, but it may open you up to a completely different genre
>>
>>339676
Death Note is legit, watch it before the amercian movie comes out later this year.
>>
File: 1423209092284.jpg (78KB, 884x574px) Image search: [Google]
1423209092284.jpg
78KB, 884x574px
yuru yuri
>>
>>339676
>dragon ball super (told me to skip the first dragon ball
Your friend is a cocksucker. Super is trash. The original Dragon Ball is fantastic, though it is better as a manga than anime.

>death note
Generally goes over well with normies.

>one piece
Read the manga, do not bother with the anime.

>and my cousin told me to watch Evangelion, madoka magika and legend of galactic heroes
Your cousin has far better taste than your friend. Madoka is overrated but still a solid show, Evangelion is a must-see series that was revolutionary for its time and still widely beloved by fans all over the world.

Other than that just watch the usual normie-core shows that people will rec you.
>>
>>339676
Watch Haibane Renmei
>>
>>339676
Stop talking to your friend and watch anime with your cousin
>>
Milky Holmes
>>
File: kanji time.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
kanji time.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>339676
The Aquarion trilogy
>>
>>339735
>meme la meme
>one meme man
opinion discarded
>>
If you like comedy watch working!
If you want to see relationships that actually go somewhere watch working!!
If you want good shit watch working!!!
Do not watch www.working
That is all
>>
How about FMA:B or JJBA 1-4?
>>
panty and stocking with garterbelt, shimoneta, space patrol luluco, flcl, rurouni kenshin. redline and paprika for films

i'm not crazy about serial experiments lain, but i'd recommend watching it once.
>>
>>339676
Cowboy Beebop is the only anime you should watch first.
>>
boku
no
pico
>>
>>340454
Ebin
>>
>>339735
>95% of the modern industry is shit
This is a meme. It has no basis in fact.

My advice to OP is to just watch anime and don't interact with the community, because the more you interact with the community the more you will be misled by them and the more you will come to hate anime, even anime you've never seen and don't know anything about. It's not even unusual to see someone go "man anime is so fucking shit now, it was so awesome in the past, what went wrong" and then you look at their MAL profile and they've seen 20 anime.
>>
>>339676
Boku no Pico is actually a great choice for people who are new to the anime community!! :)
>>
>>340454
>>340471
Don't watch it OP
>>
>>340492
Fuck off
Yosuga no sora is a pretty great anime too OP
>>
>>340492
Don't ruin it
>>
File: 1498515533474.jpg (3MB, 1403x6070px) Image search: [Google]
1498515533474.jpg
3MB, 1403x6070px
>>
>>340718
it's been ruined aeons ago. It's not even a joke anymore, just plain cringe.
>>
>>340767
Fuck off, you're cringe.
>>
>>340776
I guess this is your best and only joke, right?
>>
>>340805
your the only joke here buddy
>>
>>339676
The first Dragon Ball is the best one in my opinion. I like it way more than Z and Super.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.