[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

manga recommendations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: manga.jpg (32KB, 430x273px) Image search: [Google]
manga.jpg
32KB, 430x273px
Looking for manga recommendations. Interested in survival/survival games manga and comedy. But willing to try other genres.
>>
>>339452
Kakegurui
>>
File: dVCAQQz.png (987KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dVCAQQz.png
987KB, 1366x768px
Gakkou gurashi
>>
>>339452
Angel Densetsu. Comedy among other things, a lot of characters with a lot of depth. Good story with a ton of absolutely hilarious moments.
>>
>>339452
>Interested in survival/survival games manga and comedy. But willing to try other genres.
Might as well stick to the survival & comedy stuff here, and use >>339054 for general recs. What sort of comedies do you normally enjoy? I recommend Noramimi in any case.
>>
>>339452
Sabagebu
>>
>>339452
Golden Kamuy

Survival? Yes. Surviving in the wilderness of 19th Century Hokkaido need skill and luck. Not to mention the Bears. You'll need to know the local plant and fauna, also how to approach the indigenous Ainu people - this manga is truly an Ainu documentary of Hokkaido. Also holy shit, did I mentioned Bears?

Survival Games? If you're one of 24 fugitives whose skin tattooed with a map to stolen Ainu gold stash by a faceless Ainu convict, which map need to be took off your body to read, on the run chased by eachothers and the Army, its not a game. If you're an Japanese Infantryman fighting the Russians in 1904-05, its not a game. If you are an ex-Shinsengumi toiling for decades under the Imperial rule, its not a game. For the Ainu loli tracking down her lost father with a war vet, its...fun-ish...game?

Comedy? Holy shit the comedy. The author is a genius, able to seamlessly inserts comedy between horrors of war, people mauled by bears, and batshit insane psychopaths. Wait, no, the batshit insane psychopaths are source of comedy of their own. Golden Kamuy is a map that points to comedy treasure, filled with comedy gold.
>>
>>339518
Whoops I mean early 20th century Hokkaido (the manga starts in late winter-early spring 1906, with occasional flashbacks)
>>
>>339452
>survival games manga
Life is Money
>>
>>339452 (OP)

Source?
>>
Dr. Stone is somewhat survivalist and is pretty recent in Jump.

Cage of Eden starts out strong, but honestly the twist and ending are shit, and it doesn't really carry itself. Probably why the ending came so soon and felt rushed, because the manga wasn't making many sales.

If I had to recommend anything though, read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. It's not survivalist by any means, but it's definitely a great ride.
>>
survival/survival games
Doubt
I Am a Hero (sort of survival? it's zombie apocalypse)
Btooom!
Darwin's Game
Jisatsutou
Online: The Comic

Comedy:
Zai X 10
Hinamatsuri
Maoujou de Oyasumi
Saint Oniisan
Thermae Romae
Uchi no Maou Kamimasen yo
Sakamoto desu ga?

Other(just a couple personal favorites):
Itoshi no Kana
Voynich Hotel
Bonnouji
Scientia
Nickelodeon
Uwagaki
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.