[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a second hand GL552VW and the touchpad wasn't working,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3988.jpg (79KB, 750x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3988.jpg
79KB, 750x553px
Bought a second hand GL552VW and the touchpad wasn't working, "Cool, it's a driver issue. I'll just connect my mouse at home and fix it."

I connect my mouse, the driver installs and reads as it's working, but there's no cursor.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
What OS?. If you can format it then do that to ensure Windows is functioning properly WITHOUT any interference from 3rd party programs/VIRUSES.
>>
>>339366
>>339366
Windows 10. I'm doing a clean reset of Windows now, but I went through the setup after purchasing it.
>>
>>339370

>but I went through the setup after purchasing it

Oh damn, then it might be clean already. I'm assuming you will run into this problem again (maybe this is why the previous owner got rid of it).

just searched google and it spat out some results about a LOT of people complaining about a "no mouse pointer/cursor" issue after an update.

This sounds like it makes sense. You may have to manually get the update (maybe if you're good enough do do it without the mouse) to get the actual update and reboot it may recognize all your hardware.

let me know if you're still there. I may dissappear at any moment, I'm a bit buzzed.
>>
>>339373
I'm here. Resetting is at about 50%.

A plug and play Zowie FK1 should've worked the second it was connected, but didn't. The driver installed, but no LEDs came on and it didn't work.
>>
>>339374

Do you have a keyboard? an actual keyboard? is there a ps2 connection on the back of the laptop?.

You may have to download an actual ISO of Windows 10 with the update on it and install it. Probably have to do that on another computer though.
>>
>>339377
No keyboard other than the one on the laptop. No PS2 connections.
>>
>>339378

I say if you can invest in another keyboard at wal-mart or something then do it to make this easier (return it if it doesn't help you). Shit, I don't think it's the USB. I think it's a glitch with the mouse (even though the onboard keyboard doesn't work).

can you take a screenshot of where you're at on the laptop and post it?
>>
>>339380
The onboard keyboard does work, and the mouse I have works on another computer.
>>
>>339381

Use the keyboard to navigate and get the windows 10 update. Like you may have to hit enter and "alt' and shit like that to get Windows to check for update (obviously connect to internet) first and then reboot.
>>
>>339383
I've updated it as many times as it would let me.

I'm running through the software from Asus and installing all the updates now, covering all bases.

FN + F9 isn't working for the touchpad, so maybe smart gesture corrupted.
>>
>>339385

I've seen the function buttons not work (non-standard)?

Do the others work?.
>>
>>339387
I got smart gesture working. The keyboard is working great, it's just the touchpad and the mouse that's a problem.
>>
>>339390

Need to get that update mane. Can you get windows to update itself?. I'm the same dude by the way. I do think you can get this working.

If you can use another computer to just download an updated .iso of the Windows 10 install it might work from the get go. Need to have another computer though.
>>
>>339392
I've downloaded the ATK package and Smart Gesture. From what I'm reading, the Windows 10 update overwrites these drivers.
>>
Why isn't my fucking USB mouse working
>>
>>339394
Smart Gesture uninstalled fine. When I try to uninstall the APK package, it hits me with an error saying there's another installation goin on.

I've already rebooted.
>>
>>339397

>apk

Are you on a smartphone?
>>
>>339398
What? It's an abbreviation for an Asus driver.
>>
>>339400

well, apk is a package meant to be installed on a smartphone
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.