[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transistor AND Gate Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: schemeit-project.png (11KB, 314x305px) Image search: [Google]
schemeit-project.png
11KB, 314x305px
Why doesn't the circuit depicted in the diagram work? I know it has to do something with the use of the voltage divider, but other than that, I don't know.

I wanted the voltage divider to cut the voltage in half, because the lamp runs off of about 4.5V and I was thinking of using a 9V batter later. What would be another simple way to drop down the voltage?

Basically I decided to try and make some logic gates (and eventually an 8-bit adder) out of some components lying around. If it wasn't obvious from my very crude schematic, I only understanding the most basic fundamentals of electronics.

Thanks for the help!
>>
>>338261
> I only understanding
I also only have the most basic understanding of the English language.
>>
doesnt one of those transistors needs have the and emitter and collector reversed/rotaded?
>>
>>338270
I don't think so. Most AND gate diagrams I've seen have the transistors oriented this way.

Plus the AND gate works that way, just without the voltage divider.
>>
oh its to emulate an and gate, i didnt read the thread very well (not even the the title), i thought you wanted to clamp voltages, silly me
>i=v/r
is 1ma enough to light the lamp?
>>
>>338315
no, it needs about 70.

I figured that it wasn't getting enough current, but I don't know why. And I never know where to apply ohm's law, as I said, I don't really have a firm grasp of this stuff. Trying to learn more about this stuff is one of the goals of this project.
>>
So, you need to run the lamp from 4.5V?
Why not to calculate suitable resistor for it, or put two lamps in series?

Also, I would recommend you to learn electronics basics...
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.