[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want books on Alien v Humans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
I've finished reading starship Troopers and i want to read any book that's against an alien menace.
>>
>>338028
H. G. Wells - War of the worlds
it's pretty short, tho
>>
>>338028
It's some time I've read it, so I don't remember it very well, but I'm pretty sure the central point of starship troopers wasn't the alien menace.

Anyway what kind of alien menace? generic humans vs aliens war or something more like lovecraftian horror?
>>
>>338109
the generic is what i like, but tell me more on the lovecraftain horror.
>>
>>338267
Not him but Lovecraft's novels don't involve aliens as you know them but more like unfathomable monsters lurking in the dark. Basically he relies on the fear of the unknown or straight up mind fucks you with literally the last sentence.
I haven't read all of them but most of them are told in past tense and has minimum or none direct dialogue which doesn't make the stories engaging, at least not for me.
>>
>>338271
>direct dialogue
I meant to say direct speech
>>
>>338271
true but cults also interest me as well. so ill put it aside for what i want to read. Which is Humans v Aliens. i don't suppose you know any?.
>>
Footfall by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

I've got to agree with the other anon, HP Lovecraft probably doesn't have what you think of as "alien vs human," at least nothing like Starship Troopers. Humans don't fight back as much as they just survive, and sometimes not even that.

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/

Maybe The Dunwich Horror, or The Shadow over Innsmouth, and even then that's stretching it.
>>
>>338395
nice thanks for that.
>>
File: 1497480753231.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1497480753231.gif
940KB, 627x502px
still though anybody have any recommendations for Humans v Aliens? any type of aliens? or maybe human augmentation? pls?
>>
File: 600px-Ender's_Game_Chronology.png (121KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Ender's_Game_Chronology.png
121KB, 600x508px
>>338421
Enderverse, I haven't read them yet so I can't tell how related they are to your interest
>>
>>338426
it's a sad thing, but i never read Enders Game
>>
If you like SW the NJO series is fun.

It features alien invaders invading the galaxy.
>>
>>338456
can i have that un-abbreviated please
>>
The 5 book Gap series by Donaldson. First book is short, called "The real story".
Has aliens that have mutegens that transform humans, a cold war, lying government, false flags, terrorists, evil mega-corporation, space pirates, a CIA equalivant, politics, a criminal turned into a cyborg to serve the "government".
Mainly about a small group caught in the middle of all of the above.

I'm reading it for probably the 4th or 5th time now.

>>338431
Great read. Sequals are progressively worse IMO and not worth reading.
>>
>>338497
sounds bretty good ill take a look sounds convoluted though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.