[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FIX MY PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Any techies here wanna help me figure out what to replace in my PC?

It works, but runs games really slow, 10fps, and gets a little hot sometimes....

Specs.
>NVIDIA GeForce GT710
>4-Cores Intel I5 -4440 @3.10 GHz
>Power Supply Max Power=460W
>motherboard = ACPI x64 based PC
>12 GB RAM DDR3

So why is my computer garbage?
>>
>>337646
Because of the GT-710, which is barely better than your onboard graphics.

To make your PC into a gaming computer for cheap, replace it with a 1050Ti: $110-130.
>>
>>337648
Should I get a new processor or am I good there ?
>>
>>337646
Your computer does appear to have a six-pin power connector, so you could get a larger graphics card like a 1060. But 1050Ti is where it's at for value-for-money.
>>
>>337650
You can get a new processor, but i7-4xxx isn't actually that cheap ($200-300 used), and the improvement over the i5 isn't that great.

If you see a cheap one, don't not go for it, but the improvement isn't going to be anywhere close to the one from replacing the 710.
>>
>>337650
Not him but either one is a good choice. Since you can upgrade one now then upgrade the other later. Upgrading the CPU may mean having to buy a new motherboard and ram. So, see what you can afford now then upgrade the other later. I would still go with the GPU first. Then part hunt for a new CPU/Mobo/Ram for cheap.

Also does someone know if he would require a new PSU with the GPU upgrade?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
OP here,
What should I do in terms of cooling. My entire setup gets very hot. It might have to do with where it's located now that I think about it...
>>
>>337657
You may want a new case eventually. Your case design doesn't have any placement for fans in the front or the top.
>>
>>337664
What if I was to place it in the open, remove the side wall and just put a house fan next to it?
>>
>>337666
you could do that, but then you will end up with a really noisy computer.

If your going to experiment like that you should read your temp levels before and after doing something like that. Just to see if there is a big difference.

Read CPU temps
http://openhardwaremonitor.org/
>>
>>337657

Ignore this guy.
>>337673
>>337666
>>337664

HP have sold tens of thousands of these cases. They're perfectly adequate at dissipating 350W, which is why you haven't seen a massive recall or a class-action lawsuit about them.

What you need to do is stop obstructing its airflow. At the moment the PC is trying to drive out out hot air, but the place you've got it in prevents it from doing that, so you could add all the fans in the world and it would make no difference.

If you don't care about the desk, get yourself a core drill (if you know anybody who's technical in any way whatsoever you know someone with a drill, and a core bit is like $10), and drill out a circle in the back where each of the PC's fans are trying to exhaust to.

If you do care about the desk, you'll need to get a smaller case, or a new desk, or put the PC somewhere else.
>>
>>337657
OP, I'm not sure if I'm looking at what I think I'm looking at, but it looks like you're standing the PC on its backside instead of its legs, which is something that will definitely screw your cooling.

You want about an 8" airspace behind the PC so the fans can do their thing. Sitting its back surface down on something will stop all the fans from working.
>>
>>337746
>>337746
>What you need to do is stop obstructing its airflow.
Well he obviously knows that. If he wants to get his temps cooler eventually hes going to need a better case with better airflow intake. His current case wasn't designed for gayming. Even if he gets a better CPU air cooler it wont do much without getting a better case first.
>>
>>337776
A modern gaming PC dissipates what an office PC did back in '03.

The days of meme cases and fans up the wazoo are over.

You might want a fuckload of fans, but you don't need a fuckload of fans. Go enter your PC into PCPartPicker. It'll be less than 400W, because every PC is lesson than 400W.

400W is nothing. You do not need a meme case to get rid of 400W, because office PCs used to be 400W, and they worked just fine with a beige box and a fan in the power supply.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.