[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard Drive Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: e.png (36KB, 750x592px) Image search: [Google]
e.png
36KB, 750x592px
So my hard drive was nearly at it's maximum capacity, start installing a steam update and it goes really slow, I restart my computer and notice I can't open steam since it's on the hard drive. If someone could help that would be great.
>>
>>337519
um..delete stuff on the hard drive to make space? Buy a new one?
>>
>>337526
Nikka I can't access it, it won't show up in my hard drives.
>>
>>337519
>>337535
You've got a half-installed Steam because it ran out of space.

Clean some up, then download Steam from their website. The installer should spot you've got a busted Steam and mend it.
>>
>>337535
you didn't mention that at all

try a checkdisk

Start --> Run --> cmd <enter> then when the console window opens, type (without quotes) "chkdsk /f <drive letter>" where <drive letter> is the drive letter of your external drive.

You probably need to reboot and wait for the checkdisk to finish, will probably take a while
>>
>>337538
if the name of it was f would it be "chkdsk /f <f>" With spaces?
>>
>>337519

FIle system corrupted.
Chkdsk required. Can happen with e.g. USB-sticks too if for example they are unplugged before data writing process was finished.
>>
>>337537
It's not about that really it's about my hard drive being fucked
>>337538
Keeps saying the syntax is incorrect
>>
>>337543
chkdsk /f f:
>>
>>337543

No. The f parameter lets it search for bad sectors and fix those too, you then just add the drive name with :
e.g. chkdsk -f C: if it was the C drive.
>>
>>337546
"Cannot open volume for direct access"
>>
>>337548
reboot before you try again, if it doesn't, I think your hard drive is rip
>>
>>337550
Fuckkkk, I guess I have to excuse to upgrade to a 2tb HD now
>>
>>337552

An aborted write operation onto a full disk should no phyiscally destroy a drive, it's likey more that the drive in Window is still marked as busy as the system still has marked a write operation pending or sth.
Best would be to try and access it from outside of Windows (Linux live system etc)
>>
>>337557
It probably aborted the operation *because* the drive destroyed itself.
>>
>>337557
Also, and this should have been obvious, there's no way for a drive to know if its "full" or not. As far as the drive's concerned it just reads and writes sectors.
>>
bump for later
>>
>>337519
You need 200 MB of free space to it to work swell.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.