[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New phone - Please help me decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Best-Android-Phones.jpg (63KB, 568x306px) Image search: [Google]
Best-Android-Phones.jpg
63KB, 568x306px
Hello everyone,
I am in need of a new phone after my 3-4 year old Motorola Moto G is slowly giving up.

I want to spend around 100-200 € and I don't need a big screen as I've been pretty happy with the 4.5 inch screen but I'd definitely go bigger if the price is reasonable.
Android is preferred and it doesn't need to be the newest model.

Please help me find a new phone, I appreciate any serious advice and help.
>>
Moto G5 or Moto G5 Plus. Or maybe Lenovo P2.
>>
Also consider going on >>>/g/ and asking there on an existing smartphone general thread.
>>
Thanks a lot, I'll try it there and look those three phones up :)
>>
You should look around on Amazon. Anything that's fulfilled by Amazon themselves (even if from a 3rd party seller) is going to be a safe bet, and you can find a lot at a steal there. I recently got a refurbished Galaxy S6 with 64GB of space for 165€, and it runs like a dream.

I'm in the US so I don't know how your carriers work over there, but make sure they'll take the model you want to put on your phone plan. I have Sprint and they'll only allow me to use some of the newer models of phones, hence why I had to go for an S6 rather than an older model.

If you can go older, though, the S5 ran really well for me, and if you can find one refurbished, should be cheap as hell since it's considered an older model. Just make sure you get 32GB+ of space.
>>
>>337761
Outside the USA everything is GSM, and you don't need your provider's approval to use your phone: you just put your SIM card in it.

The only thing you need to be aware of outside the USA is that:
- American CDMA phones don't work, because nowhere else has CDMA
- Most GSM phones can be locked to only accept the SIM from one operator; phones you buy outright are unlocked, phones you get with your contract are locked, and with preowned phones this is something you should ask about
- 4G will only work if your phone has the correct antennae, which vary from country to country. A USA-edition phone may or may not be able to get 4G in Singapore, Norway or Australia, even if they sell the same model there.
>>
Thanks so far!
The Moto G5 looks good but it might be a bit too expensive. Same with S5, strangely. I expected it to be cheaper, considering there's already an S7 out.
Maybe Amazon isn't the best place to look?

I've looked into the LG G2 Smartphone (5.2 inch, 32 GB, Android 4.2) but I'm having a hard time deciding if it's good or not.

Is there a site to compare phones? I know I've seen them for laptops...

As I'll be getting the phone for my birthday, I won't get it with a phone plan and I won't buy one yet, as I hope the prices could drop until September.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.