[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Conversion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: help.jpg (66KB, 911x713px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
66KB, 911x713px
I need help trying to convert some mkv files to mp4 so that I can burn them onto discs. Problem is, I'm a retarded fag who can't figure out how to do that. What programs should I use? I've got VLC installed but have no clue as to what the fuck I'm doing.
>>
>>337150
>I can burn them onto discs

Why can't you burn mkv's? Do you need to hard code subtitles? If you just want to change the container then download ffmpeg and run:

ffmpeg -i input.mkv -codec copy output.mp4
>>
>>337152
I can burn mkv's on discs, the problem is the only immediate thing that i have that can play discs besides this computer is my ps3, which doesn't read mkv files
>>
>>337152
That only works if the video and audio streams are compliant with what's supposed to go in an MP4.

MP4 is a lot more proscriptive than MKV, which is a good thing: you can bung a random (correctly-authored, actually compliant) MP4 on any random device, and it will play correctly.
>>
>>337150

What is Freemake Video Converter?
>>
>>337159
Proprietary shit?
>>
>>337160

>Proprietary shit that is free and works.

ftfy
>>
>>337156
Why are you burning them to discs anyway?
>>
>>337165
>proprietary shit that is free
That's an oxymoron, moron.

Just use Handbrake like everyone else.
>>
>>337169
the computer im using isnt my own and i dont want to end up using all of the memory it has. both me and the owner of the computer are too much of poorfags to buy more memory. discs are cheaper.
>>
ffmpeg
>>
>>337176

I don't think you know what oxymoron means.

Freemake is free, and it works. That was the point.
>>
>>337179
You can buy a 1TB external for $50 and used ones for $15~$30 on ebay.
>>
>>337176
No, it's not. A piece of software can be free as in free beer, or gratis (you dont pay anything) but it has a proprietary license against you or anyone else viewing, modifying, copying, or distributing source code, meaning it is not free as in libre. for example, "freeware" is sketchy because no one has seen its source code, so it could have any number of bad shit in it such as miners, botnets, adware etc.

ironically enough though, handbrake is GPL licensed so it is free software, it is just a wrapper for ffmpeg.
>>
File: GNU.png (130KB, 793x1972px) Image search: [Google]
GNU.png
130KB, 793x1972px
>>337189
>GPL licensed

Communism is never free.
>>
>>337190
i love how people make correlations when there really are none.
>>
>>337190
>>337197
If you don't like the GPL, there's a really easy way to avoid it: write your own code.
>>
>>337183
oh that's nice, ill look into it more in the future. but i'd still like to have them on a disc, just in case.
thanks anon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.