[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Account to bypass IP bans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1474934380084.jpg (86KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1474934380084.jpg
86KB, 526x701px
This one's for the mods.

Id love to be able to use clover at coffee shops without using my overpriced cell data, but any time I go somewhere with a shared public IP address, it's banned here.

I'd also love to not have to shut off my VPN to browse 4chan.

I'd be happy to pay $5 a month and register to be rid of that inconvenience, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
>>
>>336936
Are you taking the piss or something?

Go get a 4chan pass.
>>
>>336939
Do you it know how a pass works?

>4chan Pass users may bypass ISP, IP range, and country blocks, but are still subject to the same rules and restrictions as any other user. Pass users cannot bypass individual (regular) IP bans.
>Pass users cannot bypass individual (regular) IP bans.
This means a pass will not allow you to post from public locations or VPNs, as those are invariably banned IPs. Ergo, "Buy a 4chan pass" doesn't help. Not unless they change how 4chan passes work.
>>
>>336939
>>337480
If a 4Chan pass allowed you to access 4chan from public IP addresses, I'd have one already.
>>
>>336936
>literally asking to break global rule 9
>dumb reddit spacing mobileposter
Fuck off.
>>
>>337492
>Global rule #9
>Evading your ban.
Get your head out of your ass.

I'm asking for a paid way to not be dicked around because most public IPs are already permabanned from other people. If I have an account they have another way to check who I am via the paid account rather than making the stupid assumption of "same ip = same guy" which doesn't apply except for in the case of unsecured personal connections.

>Dumb luddite remedial projectophile.
Maybe you should learn to read.
>>
>>337494
>Except in the case of unsecured personal connections.
And even then that's not all that accurate.

One time I went to use 4chan after coming home from a trip out of town only to hear I was banned for something posted on some board I've never posted on, several days before I got back. I lived alone at the time.

Pretty sure whoever actually earned the ban got it put back in the ISPs pool and it then got assigned to me.

So I got stuck serving someone else's ban, on an unsecured personal connection.

Same IP = Same Person is an inaccurate assumption even in the case of unsecured cellphone and home internet connections. It's not a good solution, it's just better than nothing for tracking people who have no accounts.
>>
File: sheriffedtom368.gif (118KB, 510x419px) Image search: [Google]
sheriffedtom368.gif
118KB, 510x419px
if you want accounts, stick to reddit. or post from your own personal, secured ip address.
>>
>>337480
VPN bans are ISP/IP-range bans.

If a VPN only had one IP, it could only have 32768 simultaneous connections.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.