[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problem with optical mouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 00086530abx.jpg (100KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
00086530abx.jpg
100KB, 1100x1100px
https://www.hama.com/00086530/hama-am-5200-optical-mouse#technical-details

So I have this piece of shit of a mouse and the problem is that it disconnects itself now and then. Also, the mouse cursor crashes and when I turn on/turn off the speakers it also crashes for a while. The way I fix it when it disconnects or crashes is reconnecting it. I think the problem is that it isn't compatible with Windows 10 but I would like to know if there is any way to fix it because I really like the mouse in itself and I would like to know if there is a way to fix it before buying a new one.

Thanks.
>>
>>336677
>I think the problem is that it isn't compatible with Windows 10

It's a mouse, an absolute standard peripheral for fuck many years. It IS compatible with 10 for sure, or did you install an extra driver on 7 back then?
But hama is very cheap use- until- it- breaks- then-throw- away- and- buy stuff. Not the best of quality but will last you a warranty and then you buy another as it is so cheap.
Likely it is simply damaged, could be a cheap capacitor maybe?
>>
>>336687
>could be a cheap capacitor maybe?
Inside the mouse??

I have thought that it could be the USB conector in the PC but I have tried in different USB ports.

I used this mouse when I had Windows 7 and this doesn't happened. That's why I have thought it could be because it's not compatible with 10. Also in the description of the product it doesn't say that it's compatible with 10, only as far as 8. That's another reason.

And how can this piece of plastic brake itself? If it were that the cable brokes because you have it to much tense or something but, only for using it?
>>
>>336694

Ever opened a modern optical mouse? Those are pretty complex devices which of course have caps etc. And several IC. One of those components failing and it's goodbye.
I assumed a cap because you said it does still work but not... really..., crashing and reconnecting etc. And that is the typical behaviour if a cap reaches its lower end of current it can hold which leads to all kinds of voltage fluctuations and weird shit.
The other possibility is a loose contact in a component, maybe where the cable connects to it or the plug or sth.
>>
File: 23423432.jpg (36KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
23423432.jpg
36KB, 450x402px
>>336705
>2017
>Still using capacitors in electronics.

Why technology hasn't advanced more?
>>
>>336710

Got another way of storing charge?
Also not all caps are the classic cylindrical liquid electrolytical caps anymore.
>>
>>336713
quantum electronics
>>
>>336717

>helium cooled laser cooled mouse

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.