[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I booted up my gaming computer and the monitor does not show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: yuyu.jpg (339KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
yuyu.jpg
339KB, 2048x1152px
I booted up my gaming computer and the monitor does not show the computer screen. When I check source it continually switches from analog to digital. I have used this computer fine for over a year. The inside is pretty dusty so I am trying to clean it now. I have read that it can be anything from a graphic card problem to a ram problem. How can I check and find this out?
>>
>>335993

Does your computer have a beeper?
Because most hardware defects should then be called via beep codes by the BIOS.
Or is there another way it can communicate with you, like LEDs it could flash in rhythm?
First thing with something like this would be to plug the monitor into another source to make sure the monitor itself is not damaged. Then indeed it can be pretty much everything, from damaged contacts in the plug to a destroyed graphics card or processor. No ther way than testing one for one.
>>
>>336001
no beepers that I know of. So I need to test one each? Damn need to find extra parts
>>
>>335993

Exact same thing happened to me two days ago.

>turn it off and unplug from mains.
>remove side panel.
>remove graphics card
>While you're in there remove fan from cpu heatsink and clean all that crap out, replace fan.
>do same to gpu fan/s
>find a way to generally clean up the fluff in the interior (not a domestic vacuum)(not a static prone cloth).
>connect monitor to mobo graphics output
>plug in, turn on, report back
>>
>>336130

ok thank you. Did it fix your problem?
>>
>>336134
well that's a basic troubleshooting step plus some unrelated-but-may-as-well-do-it-while-youre-in-there cleaning

troubleshooting is
-disconnect gpu, plug monitor into port on mobo
-if the monitor didn't work before but does now, the problem was caused by your graphics card (and you probably need a new one)
-if the monitor still doesn't work then the problem is with the cable or the monitor itself. the graphics card is probably fine
>>
>>336123

Not like this with new parts, you put them in one for one until the start fails.
RAM is the most important part of a PC, so put in just the RAM and remove everything else and see if it seems to be running like that until after BIOS, then add one more component one after another until it fails. Or get a cheap beeper so you can hear yourr BIOS. Your PC surely has an integrated graphics unit, and if it has a graphics card am I right that the monitor is plugged in through its output? Then remove the graphics card and plug it in on the motherboard's output, then if your card is damaged you should have a picture agan as now the integrated graphics unit sends the picture.
>>
>>336134

Yes, it did. But as >>336156 says it's basic troubleshooting. A first step.

So it was probably just removing and reinstalling the graphics card that "fixed" the problem. Bad connections can develop over time, it never hurts to just disassemble and rebuild (as long as you don't break something in the process, that is).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.