[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommendation thread - for the last five years only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 3fa5918dac42d060c7f6f02153f6cffc.jpg (203KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3fa5918dac42d060c7f6f02153f6cffc.jpg
203KB, 1000x1000px
I've been severely pressed for time over the last few years, and have only seen a few stand outs, namely Re:Zero, Attack on Titan, and Girls and Panzer.

Finally I now have disposable time, but find myself severely out of touch with what's actually worth watching. My list currently consists of Attack on Titan 2, and that's it - so I really need some advice on what to add.

Some past favourites of mine from a range of genres, in no particular order; darker than black, samurai champloo, planetes, patema inverted, steins;gate, monster, last exile, baccano, shinsekai yori, and I'll end with fate/zero.

Cheers!
>>
>>335898
Aquarion EVOL and Logos (see Genesis of Aquarion first), Nobunaga The Fool, Aldnoah.Zero, Heavy Object, Comet Lucifer, Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean, GATE, Ushio and Tora, Nobunagun, Gundam Rconguista in G, Samurai Flamenco, Gargantia on The Venderous Planet, Buddy Complex, Macross Delta, Kurmokuro, Gundam Build Fighters, Death Parade, Majestic Prince, and The Devil is a Part Timer.
>>
I don't know how much this is relevant to you (your taste seems to be very different from mine), but here are my personal favorite for what it's worth:

• AnoHana:
Heartwarming coming-of-age drama with some non-intrusive supernatural elements.

• KonoSuba:
Isekai comedy based on a LN... only it's actually funny. Second season is disappointing.

• Kill Me Baby:
Comedy SoL with a very cheerful atmosphere. Some of the best manzai in anime.

• Noragami:
Shounen anime based on a shounen manga. Go any more shounen than this and you'll end up in Bleach-town. Surprisingly good, with top-tier animation and good pacing. Will not change your mind if you hate shounen, but apparently you don't, so it's a very solid show for you to watch.

• AmaBuri:
KyoAni romcom with much less rom and much more com. Just happens to have good humor, especially when coming from the cynical park mascots.

• Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha:
Not really a romance, not really a comedy, not really a SoL, not really about the supernatural, but somehow also a combination of all four. As inoffensive and pleasantly bland as they come.

• MahouIku:
Magical girl battle royale. Notable for having an actual ending and not shying away from having little girls in cute outfits viscerally gutting each other.

• Gabriel DropOut:
Generic and boring premise elevated by genuinely good characters and funny moments. Similar to Kill Me Baby.

• Flying Witch:
CGDCT SoL, but this time the main girl is a witch. Magic has very little impact on the anime and is just a backdrop. Very relaxing and soothing.

• Yuyushiki:
The archetypal CGDCT.

• Non Non Biyori:
Without a doubt one of the greatest iyashikei of all time, if not THE greatest. Every episode is like a shot of concentrated relaxin directly into your heart.

(cont)
>>
(cont)

• OreImo:
The infamous incest romcom. Try an episode or three. Keroneko best girl.

• Chuunibyou:
Generic KyoAni romcom. I personally found the main girl endearing. Most watched it for the haughty Nibutani.

• Hitsugi no Chaika
LN adaption that turned out halfway decent, mostly thanks to a set of unique and fun main characters. Second season sucks.

• Haikyuu:
Sports. Even if you're not a fan of sports anime or ever have been, it's worth checking out.

• One Punch Man:
Shounen comedy about a superhero who can defeat literally anyone or anything with only one punch. Every fight ends instantly with one punch. Kinda fun.

• Monogatari:
It's almost impossible to adequately describe Monogatari with words. "Artistic ecchi" might be a starting point. Sufficient to say it's extremely popular, so try watching it yourself and see if you like it.

• Youjo Senki:
Finished airing recently. It's about a psychopath being transported into the body of a 7-year-old cute girl and being made a magic-WW1 german officer. Manages to live up to that premise.

• Kemono Friends:
Another one that finished airing recently. Don't be deterred by the godawful 3DCG animation or the cringey first episode. There is a reason this virtually unknown little anime made almost singlehandedly by one guy exploded into the biggest otaku IP in the last 2-3 years.

• AssClass:
Shounen SoL-drama. Surprisingly entertaining, and even more surprisingly heartwarming.

• Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu:
Widely regarded as one of the greatest anime ever produced. Haven't gotten around to watching it yet, so I can't attest to that.
>>
>>335898
Hyouge Mono (continued from 2011, because its 39 episodes long and fansubs stopped at ep 14 for a year until other fansubber continued it)
Danshi Koukosei no Nichijou
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Hyouka

Shinsekai Yori
Non Non Biyori
Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo ga Warui!

Ping Pong
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Shirobako
Knights of Sidonia
Shingeki no Bahamut
Mushishi S2
Parasyte

One Punch Man
Shimoneta
Kekkai Sensen
Arslan Senki

Showa Rakugo Genroku Shinjuu
Mob Psycho 100
Yuri on Ice
Drifters
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Flying Witch
Oshiete Galko-chan!
Space Patrol Luluco

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Youjo Senki
Shingeki no Bahamut S2 (ongoing)
BLAME!
Koe no Katachi
>>
>>335982
>KonoSuba
>funny
Pick one
>>
boku no hero academia season 2 is what im mainly watching now

shokugeki no soma is good too if u want hot anime babes having foodgasms
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.