[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never cried to a video game before. Recommend me a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

File: NGB_Clem_Outside_Wellington.png (172KB, 250x326px) Image search: [Google]
NGB_Clem_Outside_Wellington.png
172KB, 250x326px
I've never cried to a video game before.

Recommend me a video game that will make me cry.

Preferably on PC or anything that can be emulated.
>>
I cried in SWTOR on the mission where you have to either mercy kill the cyborg soldiers or send them to fight for the Empire against their will
>>
Undertale (I didn't cry at the end, a lot of people did. good game regardless imo)
The Beginners Guide (This ruined my week.)
To The Moon (fuck the ending)
Lisa (sad hobo: the game)
Proteus. (I don't know why, but this game makes me happy and horrifically sad at the same time.)

Hope one of those works out, OP.
>>
>>33569
To the Moon and Life is Strange
>>
File: 1450553801488.png (34KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450553801488.png
34KB, 300x300px
>>33596
This
>>
>>33569
Dragon Quest V

>>33596
>memetale
>good game
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>33599
Seconded, though if you make the obviously wrong final choice in LiS it's not going to work.
I don't know anything in particular, but Dark Souls 1 was pretty heavy, and even DS2 made me a cry a little at Aldia's Keep, though that might just be me being too invested in that subplot.
>>
>>33685
>LOL GO BACK TO TUMBLR
>HOW DO YOU ENJOY THIS
>>>/out/
>>
>>33569
Terranigma (SNES)

>Ark flies over the world and sees the fruits of his labors...
>>
>>33685
S-STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT!!
>>
CS:GO
Russians makes you cri
>>
>>33596
To the Moon completely recommended. I didn't play but saw some gameplay because I disliked those puzzles, but holy shit. I didn't get to cry but those feels pierced through my soul.
I want to play Life Is Strange but I don't want to pay 20$ as I'm on a budget. Can anyone answer my thread about it above? My friend is obssesed with it and I want to try it out.
>>
this war of mine

fuck fuck fuckity fuck
>>
>>33899
I reccomend this one too. The game itself gets boring after a few times. The best thing about the game is that it forces you to sacrifice things or people in order to be saved, and the fact that you are the one who has to decide makes it sadder. It's a nice game for having 1 or 2 games every week, but don't expect to beat it right away.
>>
Thanks, I'm downloading To the Moon and This war of Mine right now.
>>
>>33685
I'm sorry Undertale got popular, /v/, I am. But don't act like the board didn't love it when it was just the demo.
>>
>>34167
Because it wasn't a SJW emulator back then.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 192x128px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 192x128px
This one.
>>
>>33569
kotor 2

why wont you love me mom
>>
>>34172
>sjw emulator
hahaha. this is a whole new level of stupid.
>>
>>34263
>this is a whole new level of stupid.
Said the memetale shitter...
>>
>>34234
Fucking this
>>
>>34268
pls go back to gamefaqs where you can post your butthurt sjw arguments

thanks
>>
>>34167
It's weird how popular it became to bitch about tumblr in recent years. In 2013 you could talk about a popular game without people freaking out about tumblr but sometime between then and now, everyone decided it was their worst enemy.

>>34358
This is true too, GameFAQs is very butthurt and likes to whine about "the sjw menace" even more than /v/. It's especially bad because you can click on their usernames and see they've been on the site for ten years.
>>
>>34368
I think calling Undertale, if you liked it or not, an "SJW bait game" is fucking stupid. If anything it's progressive. It's the first game to get popular with gay/bi characters in it that doesn't shove them in your face, nor does it try to shoe-horn in a political message. They are just there. They are not stereotyped or have anymore emphasis put on them than any of the other characters. That's not SJW bait, that's realistic.
>>
>>33569
Undertale I guess

That had a sort of sad end
>>
>>34378
I didn't call it a "SJW bait game". I called it a "SJW emulator". And if you wanna know why... sure, why not:

It's a game that actively penalizes you and mocks you for wanting to play it the usual way. It forces you to get to the true end to get the best fights, but in order to do so, you have to be accepting of whatever faggotry you see - you have to avoid killing, and instead suck up to any character the author put there, no matter what.

It's a tool of indoctrination for, as you say, progressivism (which, as you might now, is currently more regressive than anything). It wants you to be all-accepting, and to shun those who aren't by shunning you if you aren't. It uses Lewin/Alinsky techniques to forcibly change your point of view, unless you're looking at it critically.

And worst of all: it shits all over the SMT dialog mechanics - at least SMT wasn't an indoctrination tool, as it's always favored an overall neutral stance. In Undertale, you're forced to take not a neutral stance, but the usual law one. And the most interesting part of it is how, at least in SMT, you can see how taking the extreme law path takes you to an authoritarian dystopia too, but hey, that's what SJWs ("social justice" means "marxism". Sit on the roots of the word "social justice" for a minute. Not to mention how those who invented the term and pushed its ideas were marxists who were just changing the name of the doctrine to mask its pushing) want in the end, whether they're aware of it or not.

Memetale will only give you feels if you're already or easily brainwashed.

And that's why I offered a game that REALLY makes you feel. DQV is great at it: It gives you a shit life with lots of very nice moments and an ending that makes it all worth it, without pushing any "love and peace unless you don't want love and peace in which case you should be shunned and censored" agenda.
>>
>>34515
Oh, and while I'm at it.

>>34368
>implying you've been here since 2013 or more
We were bitching about tumblr as far back as 2008, when they invaded and unilaterally ruined /co/.

Though who knows? Maybe you DID come in 2013, and haven't come out of /co/ or /adv/ or /soc/ or /cgl/ or, you know, any of the tumblr-driven boards, 'til you saw /wsr/.

Well, guess what: /v/ and /g/ will be the most interested ones when it comes to vidya threads. And /v/ and /g/ have had a fuckton of problems with SJWs for way over half a decade - back then feminazis - that mainly hail from tumblr.

Well, that is, /v/ and /g/ will be the most interested ones when it comes to vidya threads - unless you're an indoctrinated memetale shill.
>>
>>34515
That's just a theory

A GAME THEORY
>>
>>34515
Not the person you were responding to, but Jesus, what a retarded post. It doesn't FORCE you to do anything. Ironically your whole post stinks of the same shit Anita Sarkeesian is guilty of. Must be awful for you, being the brainwashed fool who thinks everyone else is brainwashed.

DQV is garbage by the way.
>>
>>34586
>Not the person you were responding to, but Jesus, what a retarded post
Feel free to properly refute it, then. For now though, you've only flinged shit at me while not defending the game itself - a very common SJW tactic.

>It doesn't FORCE you to do anything
Read what I wrote again:
>It forces you to get to the true end to get the best fights
Sure, you can not follow the indoctrination path, but if you do that, not only will you get a much shorter game, but the game will start insulting you. Fuck off. You're being forced to act in the way the author believes you should only ever act. You know my assertion is correct.

>Ironically your whole post stinks of the same shit Anita Sarkeesian is guilty of
No. It's kinda the opposite: Sarkeesian says you, for example, HAVE to kill hookers in Hitman, while Hitman actually discourages such behavior by penalizing your score, while not affecting its gameplay. On the other hand, memetale discourages you from anything nearing such behavior, and "straying from the right path" ("right" as defined by this agenda pushing faggot) radically changes the gameplay, and again, not only does the story get much shorter and dull, but the fucking game insults you for not being an all-accepting degenerate.

Sarkeesian takes a very insignificant incident and makes it look like it affects the game in ways it doesn't. I'm saying that making insignificant decisions that stray from the golden path laid by Peace Nobel Laureate tobyfox does affect the game, in radical ways (double pun, as it's done to follow rules laid in Alinsky's Rules for Radicals).

>Must be awful for you, being the brainwashed fool who thinks everyone else is brainwashed.
You're brainwashed when you ignore reason.

>DQV is garbage by the way.
In what way?

>>34560
>using my Soku main to spew retarded bullshit
That's not what game theory is. Signed: a systems engineer who studied game theory in college and thought it for years in highschool mathematical logics classes.
>>
This guy is going HAM on Undermeme fags. I love it.
>>
>>33569
Nier

Especially New Game+
>>
>>34515
jesus fucking christ put down that fedora
>>
File: TWEWY fags, everybody.png (390KB, 608x703px) Image search: [Google]
TWEWY fags, everybody.png
390KB, 608x703px
>>34709
Memetale: the new ad-hominem spewing FFVII/TWEWY fags
>>
>>34515
>"love and peace unless you don't want love and peace in which case you should be shunned and censored" agenda.

I'm pretty sure it's just telling you not to kill random innocent people. Which is something most of us don't generally do.

>It's a game that actively penalizes you and mocks you for wanting to play it the usual way.

It doesn't mock you, but it does try to guilt trip you a little. or a lot. if you go full ham on everyone.

>(insert the entire paragraph on "SMT" shit here
This is dumb. The game tries to make you feel guilty for killing and good for not. It's trying to the opposite of what other games do. Not force a political message down your throat.

>>34626
hey same person hows it going

anyway, point is, clearly the only reason you hate it is not because you have a legit criticism for it, but it's because tumblr happens to enjoy it so you have to come up with some trivial, bullshit reason to call it an SJW game.

I don't give a rat's left asscheek if you enjoyed it or not. What I do care about is pompous twats like you bitching about it being SJW and coming up with incredibly stupid reasons to call it that.
>>
>>34721
>it does try to guilt trip you a little. or a lot
>Not force a political message down your throat.
Listen to yourself.

>hey same person hows it going
>"if two people are against me, they're the same person"
That's a clear sign of brainwashing.

>clearly the only reason you hate it is not because you have a legit criticism for it, but it's because tumblr happens to enjoy it so you have to come up with some trivial, bullshit reason to call it an SJW game.
In what way is radically changing the gameplay if you're not following the political agenda of the author trivial?

Seriously, listen to yourself. Sit on what you're writing for a moment. Actually try to see it from the opposite point of view - I did, and that's how I came to my conclusions.

>I don't give a rat's left asscheek if you enjoyed it or not. What I do care about is pompous twats like you bitching about it being SJW and coming up with incredibly stupid reasons to call it that.
I gave you my reasons, and instead of refuting them, you conceded my points, but threw rhetoric on top of them to make them sound overblown, when if anything, they're just the tip of the iceberg.

If you can't see how that game is pushing social justice, thus making it a social justice warrior emulator (not even simulator), then again, that's just a clear sign of brainwash. And I don't blame you for that, but don't take it on me if I recommend for people to avoid being brainwashed like you.

And you still haven't addressed this:
>DQV is garbage by the way.
In what way?
>>
>>33569
Klonoa came close for me
>>
>>33569
anything made by a feminist because you'll cry over how dumb the game is and how stupid people are
>>
>>34616
>That's not what game theory is.
he was making a joke. there's an annoying youtuber that always ends with what he said.
>>
>>34730
fuck off to /v/ dude, I just want to play a sad video game, jesus fucking christ, can we just drop the whole sjw shit for five seconds to talk about video games
>>
>>34758
I've already given you your fucking recommendation, while recommending you not to play something else that was recommended, while explaining why.

But sure. If that's what you want, I'll fuck off from this thread. You clearly don't need my help. Enjoy your third rate shit games and indoctrination.
>>
>>34762
OP here. That wasn't me.
>>
>>34794
Ah. Sorry about that. You didn't deserve that.

Then...
>>34758
>can we just drop the whole sjw shit for five seconds to talk about video games
In most cases? Sure.

But when it comes to games that have been censored or at least tried to, like say, DoA or Hatred, of course we have to discuss SJWs. And in games clearly made by SJWs to push an agenda, like Memetale and Gone Home, of course we have to discuss SJWs too.

Not when it comes to 99% of games though.

So no, expect SJWs and tumblr being discussed whenever you mention memetale, because it is intrinsically related to them.
>>
>>33569
The Last of Us
>>
>>34758
OP or not, this person is correct.
>>
>>34730
i'd love to talk about video games just once on here without it spiraling into a pool of negativity from people who take silly works of fiction way too fucking seriously.
>>
>>34832
This thread didn't have any of it. It had a lot of input from me too >>28558

Fuck off. It's not that you can never "talk about video games just once on here without it spiraling into a pool of negativity from people who take silly works of fiction way too fucking seriously". In the vast majority of cases, you can.

Not when it comes to memetale, however, as it's a subject that closely relates to it.

What you wanna say is "I'd love to shill without being put in my place". Which won't happen.
>>
>>34835
No, I can't.
There is not a single bloody thread on this website that doesn't have someone like you, whining on about people enjoying things. This is the exact reason I don't frequent places like /v/, /vr/ etc, very often.

>inb4 lol fuck off back to /b/ xDDDD im so original
>>
>>34837
see >>34520
>>
>>34841
Im not just talking about tumblr you ponce, I'm taking about constant bitching and circlejerking.
>>
>>34845
see >>34520
>>
>>34848
>tfw not sure if memeing or actually serious

either way, that post doesn't even apply now.

fuuuuck it, i'm leaving this place. It was a mistake coming near toxic people like you.
>>
>>34854
>toxic
see >>34520
>>
VIDEO GAMES PEOPLE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES
NOT EVIL SJWS, VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>34857
>see >>34520
see >>34520
>>
>>34858
MINECRAFT PEOPLE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MINECRAFT
NOT AUTISM AND BILLIONAIRES, MINECRACT
>>
>>34858
this.
that one anon faggot can't comprehend that some people enjoyed undertale and keeps slamming his fedora against the keyboard.

anyway, yes! sad games.
Let's see.

Heavy Rain, The Beginners Guide, To The Moon, Presentable Liberty and Mother 3 are probably my favourites in this category.
>>
>>34862
Heavy Rain's plot was pretty neat, but I dunno, the writing got kinda shoddy as it went along, and the acting wasn't that great.
>>
>>34862
What's Presentable Liberty about? I just googled it on images and it seemed kinda weird.
>>
>>34868
Weird, very mildly artsy indie game about evil governments.

It's not something I can really explain but it's one of those games that you'll either be bored to death by or it will ruin your entire fucking week with sadness.

It's free I think if you want to give it a shot.
http://gamejolt.com/games/presentable-liberty/42997
>>
>>34167
/v/ sucks the cock of triple A titles that are obvious garbage then hate a game simply because its indie.

I just beat undertale today and it was the most fun I've had since Hotline 2. Undertale has gameplay and a story that fucks up 99% of games made in 2015. The final bosses gave me the biggest adrenaline boner in over two years.
>>
>>34172
Gender doesn't come up whatsoever in Undertale. Three couples in the game are Male Female.

So fuck you you paid marketer faggot.
>>
>>33569
TWD season 1 is the only game that made me cry
>>
>>33569
>TWD S1 climax had me crying
>TWD S2 climax had me laughing
Poetry.
>>
>>34835
>>34799
>>34730
>>34721
>>34616
>>34520
>>34515
Man I came here for some new rpgs to enjoy but damn somebody always has to make an argument that spans 80 paragraphs. Nice job anons. Be proud of yourselves, really.
>>
>>34879
Can't even fucking step into /v/ without seeing some shit about Undertale
>>
>>33890

cyka blat
>>
>>35084
>>35085
I'm really sorry, I should not have talked to him. Talking to those people is like throwing gasoline in a fire. They're so fuckin' salty over people enjoying things it's not even funny.
>>
File: oden_01_small.jpg (282KB, 1000x1469px) Image search: [Google]
oden_01_small.jpg
282KB, 1000x1469px
Odin Sphere
>>
>>35183
I never got far enough to find anything to really cry over, but this is an awesome game. Amazingly, this is one of the easier games to emulate on PCSX2 even though it is said to be taxing on the real PS2 hardware.
>>
File: gfs_46719_2_20.jpg (71KB, 512x384px)
gfs_46719_2_20.jpg
71KB, 512x384px
>>33569
Crusader of Centy. That game has feels. I'm not going to ruin it for you though, you just have to play it.
>>
>>35188
Not OP but this looks good, thank you.
>>
>Crying over fictional stories, ever
>Crying over other people's troubles, ever
>>
>>33569
Play VNs then.
If you can stand those cringeworthy western VN wannabes, real VNs will be much better.
>>
>>35200
yes, we get it, your penis is huge.
>>
brothers - a tale of two sons
>>
>>33569
FFVII series.
I got major feels from crisis core.
Only game that ever made me cry.
>>
>>35200
>Drinking away the pain instead.
>>
File: 702.png (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
702.png
558KB, 1920x1080px
I don't know what others might say but this game is really sad.

Or maybe I have a brain damage and only feel empathy for non humans

As far as I know there are emulators out there for it
>>
File: 1445541175878.png (3MB, 1780x1260px)
1445541175878.png
3MB, 1780x1260px
>>34586
>DQV is garbage by the way
Kill yourself
>>
>>35669
fukn wee-ah-boo
>>
>>35669
Oh no, did I hurt your feelings? Cry more about your shit game.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.