[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam sale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: share_steam_logo.png (21KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
share_steam_logo.png
21KB, 512x512px
Steam has a sale right now and I have about 40 dollars to add to my account.
What are some essential games that I should get? I'm open to visual novels, but avoid first person shooters or roguelikes if possible.
>>
Dark souls 3 is 23 bucks
>>
File: Lightning.jpg (90KB, 850x954px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning.jpg
90KB, 850x954px
>>335685
The FFXIII trilogy
>>
>>335685
Why would you get censored visual novels and pay for them on top of that? Are you a faggot?
>>
>>335685
Europa Universalis IV
>>
>>335685
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth + dlc
>>
>>335769
ditto
>>
File: 1489160630803.png (242KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489160630803.png
242KB, 1000x1000px
>>335762
>Paying money to the DLC machine known as Paradox
>The DLC shill machine that hides fucking patch fixes to their own bugs behind paywalls
OP, don't listen to him. If you want to play EU IV that's fine and dandy but don't buy it, the money you'll spend on DLC simply isn't worth it. Go to /vg/ and check the /gsg/ thread threads there to see how to get the games for free.

I'm all for supporting game creators, but Paradox has an incredibly shitty business model that no well-minded consumer should support.
>>
>>335887
Who said he has to buy the DLC?
>>
>>335887
>publisher releases what are effectively sequels as DLCs for one core engine
>original game still playable, and getting updates, bugfixes and new content despite being near half a decade old
>Waaaaaaaaaaaah I paid for a game five years ago so you should give me all the new stuff you made for free
>>
File: trWISl0.jpg (314KB, 1766x1266px) Image search: [Google]
trWISl0.jpg
314KB, 1766x1266px
>>335900
I'm going to keep this limited as to not utterly derail the thread, but let's look at HoI 4. What do their DLCs give us?

>Together for Victory
-An overhaul of how vassals work (cool)
-Five focus trees for countries that should've already had them on release and are so easy to program modders do it for free all the time
-The ability to request Lend-Lease from your allies (something that was already in HoI III so has no reason to not have been in the base game)

>Death or Dishonor
-New focus trees for Eastern European countries (see above)
-Ability to update/convert equipment (something that was also in HoI III and therefore has no reason to not have been in the base game)
-New puppet-based actions (wait a second... wasn't Together for Victory supposed to be the DLC that updated it?).

That's two DLC within the first year of release with only one feature that is both worthwhile and was justifiably not in the base game: puppet related actions. What Paradox *could* have done was combine the puppet related actions they spread out over two DLC into one DLC, add some extra *real* features and call it an expansion pack. And don't get me started on Crusader Kings 2.

The complaint isn't so much about wanting new stuff for free, it's about stuff that should've been in the base game in the first place being bundled with bullshit.
>>
>>335769
Nopen nope nope nope
>>
>>335685
7 Days to Die

60% discount, 9 something euros
Great game, unique concept from most game while using the same aspects

You've got 7 days to prepare, build a house etc

Then the zombie hordes come and you need to survive

You've got 7 days till death
>>
>>335769
I'm unable to buy Afterbirth+
Putting aside WHY I would want it, is there a reason it's unavailable right now?
>>
>>335769
Rebirth was cheaper on Steam literally last week.
>>
>>335900
>what are effectively sequels
Yeah, if only it were actually so...
>>
File: 1476403747873.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476403747873.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
VA-11 Hall-A
>>
>>335685

Steins;Gate VN is in the sale in my country (40% off), not sure about US though.
>>
>>335685
A O E 2 H D

O

E

H

D
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.